Why is stock_trad3r so good at

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stock_trad3r, Nov 6, 2007.

Why is stock_trad3r so good at picking stocks?

Poll closed Nov 13, 2007.
  1. Cause he has skillz

11 vote(s)
    31.4%
  2. Cause he buys stocks that go up

13 vote(s)
    37.1%
  3. Cause he recommended bidu at 120...

3 vote(s)
    8.6%
  4. Cause he is almost always right

8 vote(s)
    22.9%
  1. Your index is up, but how many of the things do you actually own? We know you have an oddlot of GOOG, I would suspect the same for RIMM and BIDU. What about the rest? And iy know the mkt better than 99% of people, where were you at the close yesterday? You are zero.

#51     Nov 13, 2007
  2. Took a day off boring day, boring market

I own some goog, rimm, bidu, and EWZ and FXI calls as well as some other stuff. I'm down the latest purchases of BIDU and RIMM and my fxi calls are down a lot but they dont expire for awhile.

#52     Nov 13, 2007
  3. Nothing annoys "real" traders more than the inability to show humility. Real traders respect reasonable analysis from analytical minds, perhaps in conjunction with a few charts, as well as the ability to remain humble (even after you've managed to flip the coin successfully a few times.)

You, Stock_Inv3stor, went "long" (whether on paper or with real money) the popular "momentum stocks" awhile back. In a bull market, 75% of all stock picks will perform favorably. You picked stocks that have major "beta" minus 1 remainder: meaning they move even more in relation to the general market. If the market goes up 1%, your momentum stocks will go up more than 1%.

You, Stock_Inv3st0r, buy and hold. You bought awhile ago. You'll hold forever. If the market really begins to turn sour soon, you'll hold on. You'll hold on forever. You'll hold until the market will make new highs, even if it happens to lose 10%, 20%, or 50% of its value before it gets to 15k, 16k, or 20k. You, Stock_Inv3st0r, are a buy and hold investor. Buy and hold. Investor.

Real traders have no market bias. We may have long-term long positions, such as BIDU, RIMM, AAPL, GOOG, just like you, but when the market turns sour, we'll buy the QIDs, we'll short the QQQQs, we'll short the DIAs, the SPYs, we'll long the bear ETFS.. all the while holding our longterm momentum stocks just like yourself.

See? We make the same return buy and hold investors make (you're a "buy and hold" investor, if I haven't made it clear enough), but we'll hedge if we want to keep our return, and cover when the turmoil is done. This is how a real trader thinks. This is what you should aspire to become. You will eventually reach this level, but for now, since you are a beginner.. just pick the momentum stocks and pretend "you know the market will continue to be bullish". This suits you.

When you want to take your "stock picking" to the next level, I can recommend a few resources for you.

Cheers,
    Amed

#53     Nov 13, 2007
  4. I do trade sometimes. I rotate out of stocks on and trade FXI and EWZ options.
    But I guess that depends on your timeframe. A trade in my timeframe can be a long as a few months to a year. That is still a trade trechnically. My calls on EWZ which I sold at a huge profit a month ago was a shorter term trade of only 1.5 months.

And you make lots more money with longer term positions. If you trade for ticks you miss the big moves.

I'm simply not worried about my stocks falling much lower because I know they will rebound.

And when FXI EWZ GOOG BIDU RIMM rebound they rebound BIG. Huuge upside moves.

Not 1-3% but 10%+ and then they go on to crush the market.

CITI is up 5%...bffffft big deal. BIDU up 11% and unlike CITI bidu will keep going up higher and higher so as long as the market goes up and bidu will outperform the market.

So easy to make money with my methods.

#54     Nov 13, 2007
  5. Well, as long as you know other people are finding ways to make money in a down market, holding the same exact stocks you are (at better prices even), and thus, getting a better return than a buy and hold investor.

also:

"I'm simply not worried about my stocks falling much lower because I know they will rebound. "

is arrogant. This is an opinion. Not a fact.

Cheers,
    Amed

#55     Nov 13, 2007
  6. What a monster rebound! WOW never expencted such a large rally. 320 points on the dow.

Big money realized that the subprime was way overblown and decided to buy tons.

Hwre is a great article about how the credit crunch was a bunch of BS

http://www.briefing.com/GeneralCont...PopUp&ArticleId=NS20071105074830TheBigPicture

And it will only continue. No way this rally is gonna end anytime soon. A 5 year bull market that will last for decades.

Dow 15000 by end of year and dow 18,000 by the end of 2008.

RIMM GOOG BIDU AAPL MA FXI EWZ GS VMW
    all up huge and will lead the stock market in the 21st century.

DRYS ISRG DECK EXM CMG PTR

The leaders continue to lead the market.

NO breakdown.

Money HASN'T rotated out of tech.

Big cap Tech, industrials, and comodities will continue to lead the market higher.

Small cap is crap. Avoid all small crap cap stocks. large cap stocks take advantage of massive global growth and cheap dollar.

#56     Nov 13, 2007
  7. No evidence of that is apparent yet. I know you are more narcissitic and clueless than 99% of the people.

By the way, I see you have voted in your own poll now, over 30 times.

#57     Nov 13, 2007
  8. the trad3r with his fellow trading gurus

[​IMG]

#58     Nov 13, 2007
  9. stock turd you really should be banned
    jake

#59     Nov 13, 2007
  10. #60     Nov 13, 2007