Why is Romney not disclosing his returns?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by noob_trad3r, Aug 15, 2012.

1. We won't know how Romney got 100+ mil in his IRA, because it's a secret.

Why is Mitt hiding his tax return information from the tax paying public ?

#31     Aug 15, 2012
  2. Even his own team are wondering wtf is he doing? This could be the easiest way for Obama to win. Who cares if he paid the proper taxes, however low they are? I sure don't. Let them out now, give the voters some time to see if they really care.

Romney is his own worst enemy on this one. Pathetic.

#32     Aug 15, 2012
  3. i never said it was impossible in fact i laid out how he did it. i also never said it was illegal. i said it was a grey area of the law.

#33     Aug 15, 2012
  4. You said on pg 1 that it was impossible without going into grey areas of the law. You also laid out (lol) how YOU think he did it. MAx told you how it was possible just using Bain's returns + the small annual contributions, i just gave you a prospectus, it is certainly possible that he did it in a totally legal and legitimate way according to those returns. And that was 12 years ago.

#34     Aug 15, 2012
  5. Not releasing his returns will cost him some votes. Romney obviously thinks it won't cost as many votes as releasing them would.
    The only ones this affects are independent voters in swing states anyway. For the rest of us it's just something to talk about.

#35     Aug 15, 2012
  6. Max E.

Max E.

The only people who care are on the far left, I dont think Romney was banking on the "Occupy Wallstreet" vote to win.

#36     Aug 15, 2012
  7. You are consistently dense max.

#37     Aug 15, 2012

8. max? i dont see him. he is on ignore. i dont converse with bloody tampons who are also idiots.
    want to make a small bet that i am right if romney ever comes clean?

#38     Aug 15, 2012
  9. I'll think about it, but it needs to be established fact.. not some opinion piece from huffington post. And just to be clear, you are saying that he placed an artificially deflated asset into his IRA which afterwords was valued at a much higher price?

Also, lets say he did that, but it only accounts for a small % of the total value of the IRA, is that a push? This could get complicated in like a thousand ways, like.. what if the asset was just low priced (compared to now) like gold or something and then exploded after it was already in his IRA? There would be nothing even arguably wrong/immoral/unethical/illegal about that, but would you still win?

So what are the terms you want, and what would we be betting?

oh, and as an aside, I was simply saying that according to the only actual evidence presented in this thread (by Max, and me) that it is definitely possible that Romney's IRA is completely legal and ethical. Of course i don't know for sure but neither does anyone else on here.

#39     Aug 15, 2012
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

It wasn't that long ago people were asking why Barrack Hussein Obama was hiding his birth certificate and many are still wondering why he's hiding his college transcripts from the public.

#40     Aug 15, 2012