Why is Obama such a fag?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ChkitOut, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Mercor

Mercor

I question if you read. Obama doesn't read.
    Obama is not smart. He knows very little about business.
    Obama has poor SAT scores.
    If adults learn by reading then Bush is much smarter then Obama.

CNN) - It appears President Obama has to step up his reading pace if he wants to beat his predecessor in one particular measure: how many books a president can polish off a year.

If Obama is close to finishing the novel, that puts him on less than a 10 book-a-year pace, far less than the close to 100 books President Bush was reportedly able to finish in the same amount of time.
    According to former top Bush aide Karl Rove, he and the former president engaged in a friendly wager every year to see who could read more books.

In 2006, Bush read 95 books to Roves 110: a Herculean pace of nearly two books a week - in an election year to boot - for the ex-president. But, according to Rove, Bush's reading slowed a bit in the final years of his presidency, finishing a not-too-shabby 51 books in 2007 and at least 40 in 2008.

And if that's not impressive enough, Rove also said Bush found time to read the Bible "from cover to cover" every year.

#51     Aug 8, 2012
  2. He was reading books in kindergarten class while planes were crashing into buildings in New York.

#52     Aug 8, 2012
  3. pspr

pspr

Just goes to show that futurecurrents and probably the other liberals posting here are just blowing smoke out their asses. They have no clue as to the facts. They just play follow the leader like a bunch of rats following the pied piper.

#53     Aug 8, 2012
  4. Brass

Brass

Pop-ups? Meanwhile, who was running the show at the White House?

#54     Aug 8, 2012
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Green Eggs and Ham is not in pop-up format last I checked.

Regardless, why are we arguing which of two chumps is worse?

#55     Aug 8, 2012
  6. Brass

Brass

Because the mere notion of a sitting president reading 95 books a year doesn't leave much time for standing.

#56     Aug 8, 2012
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Agree. Spending time reading books should not be the President's job. But neither should so many rounds of golf.

#57     Aug 8, 2012
  8. Brass

Brass

I'm guessing that playing a game of golf takes less time than reading a book, and that Obama played fewer than 95 games a year. Also, my understanding is that a lot of business can get negotiated and done during a golf game. However, while reading a book -- not so much. Just saying.

#58     Aug 8, 2012
  9. Mercor

Mercor

You are making the case that golf is more productive then book reading.
    BTW, Obama does not negotiate.

#59     Aug 8, 2012
  10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

18 rounds of golf takes a full day. As for golf leading to the negotiation of business, then perhaps he should pick up another "sport"? It's not working out all that well.

#60     Aug 8, 2012