Why is Obama giving $900 million of our money to these people

Discussion in 'Politics' started by drjekyllus, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Rediculous! Sounds like George Bush's logic. Should the US give equal amounts of aid to North Korea as it does to South Korea, because "it is the fair thing to do"??

#11     Apr 24, 2009
  2. Thats exactly the question bonehead. Why the hell are we helping these people at all? It is absolutely amazing to see these liberals say "Bush did it, so its okay". AMAZING.

Plus, I thought Bush was a crusader who send our military over to the Middle East to conquer the Muslims. I hear that from left wing whackos all the time. So whats the deal? Bush giving the Palestinians money, does not fit does it.

I also notice you didn't bother mentioning that Obama increased the amount 6 fold.

#12     Apr 24, 2009

3. Its the fair thing to do? Huh? The whole point is the Palestinians danced in the streets when they heard the news of 9/11. The Israeli's were deepen saddened on 9/11. Even the Iranians had the sense to have a respecful response. The Palestinians stick their finger in our eye and we turn around and give them money.

At the same time, I would also like to see the money to Israel being pulled also. I don't think the US government should be sending money to countries except in extreme circumstances. I will have to live with the fact that the government will send money to some of these countries, but these Palestians? Come on.

#13     Apr 24, 2009
  4. Because it is our fault that they hate us so much. We are an evil nation.

Embrace the Change.

#14     Apr 24, 2009
  5. I beg to differ because there were some Israelis happy, if secretly, to see US get into a war with their enemies. If you don't already know, there were Israelis cheering on 9/11.

http://www.911myths.com/html/dancing_israelis.html

There are no evidence to suggest 9/11 was a plot by Israelis, neocons, US govt etc, but there were elements of the powers in Israel and US that wasn't displeased at the initial out come of the US involvement in the middle east post 9/11.

#15     Apr 24, 2009
  6. The Palestinians have had fair elections, something North Korea never did. Just because we don't like the outcome of the election doesn't make it invalid.

#16     Apr 24, 2009

7. The Germans voted the Nazis in. Maybe that can justify Hitler.

The fact that the Palestinians voted Hamas in to power only shows that we should ignore them and not give them squat. They can't claim that there are only a few extreme ones who support the terrorist. The election shows that the majority of Palestinians support Hamas and its terror. I think Obama said it best when he said "Elections have consequences". They certainly do, and to this American it means, zero support for the Palestinians because they certainly support terror and the targeting of civilians.

#17     Apr 24, 2009
  8. Unfortunately you don't know what you are talking about. History has shown that if you let the suffering people a way out, in this case by giving them humanitarian aid, they will turn away from authoritarian and violent leaders. That was the lesson we learned from the aftermaths of WWI vs WWII.

History has also shown that humanitarian aid has always been cheaper than going to war.

There is a disproportionate killing of Palestinian civilians by the Israeli Defence Force as documented by an Israeli human rights watch in 2006 and 2007: http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/944263.html
    "However, an examination by Haaretz reveals that the number of Palestinians killed by Israeli security forces stands at 816 during those two years, and that of them, 360 were civilians who were not affiliated with any armed organizations. Data from B'Tselem, the Israeli human rights organization, show that 152 of the casualties were under age 18, and 48 were under the age of 14."

Death toll in the latest incursion in Jan, 09
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/jan/14/gaza-city-fighiting-israel-un
    "So far, 1,010 Palestinians have been killed, among them 315 children and 95 women, Dr Moawiya Hassanein, the head of Gaza's medical emergency services, told the Guardian. The number of injured after 19 days of fighting stood at 4,700, he said."

#18     Apr 25, 2009
  9. Obviously, this entire thread contradicts your claim. As Landis82 pointed out they were already recieving aid from the US but they still resorted to terrorism. So what gives?

BTW, whats up your claim that humanitarian aid is cheaper than war? Who is talking about going to war with them?

Also, since when were death counts the deciding factor in determining who was right or wrong. If a terrorist is firing rockets from a populous civilian area, its not Israel's fault if civilians get killed. That blood is on the hands of the terrorist.

#19     Apr 25, 2009