Why is Jack Hershey being censored by dgabriel?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by xorrex, Oct 28, 2003.

1. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Before shooting off your mouth, why not bother to find out? It's all here in the posts.

#11     Oct 29, 2003
  2. maxpi

maxpi

Have you checked the signal to noise ratio on Jack Hershey's writing?? A newbie could develope a phobia and acquired helplessness.

:(

#12     Oct 29, 2003

3. this coming from the guy who said Hitler and the jews are in the same place now and also compared eating chicken or beef with the holocaust of the jews?????:confused: .....

#13     Oct 30, 2003
  4. demonet

demonet

Before I joined ET, I lurked for many months scouring hundreds of threads, and I always thought members like you, traderkay, and others seemed like cool people....you were obviously intelligent, and could often be really f*ckin' funny...

So I guess I am surprsied that now you seem so petulant and small-minded with respect to this silly anti-JH crusade.

When I first started looking for Jack's stuff about 8 weeks ago, I used the search function a great deal. I looked for threads and posts by him to see if I could use his method's for ES.

Given this and my time spent lurking, I feel fairly confident that I know what's "here in the posts".

And whether the posts are a year old or started yesterday, you know what I have found out?

I constantly find posts by someone (and its usually the same small group of "someones") who are delightfully harassing or belittling this guy, his name, or some ET member who might, in passing, espouse some small facet of what he has tried to teach on these boards.

Even though it was a joke -- in the thread I started earlier this week, I posted pictures of Joe McCarthy and John Ashcroft to mockingly represent dgabriel and ARogueTrader (although in retrospect, maybe it should have been you, db, instead of ARogue) because it seems almost like a witch hunt around here. If anyone brings up anything to do with the man, they are chastised for it.

Its just getting so stupid.

To tell you the truth, I only looked up his various threads and posts in the first place because his name/ideas were debated so damn much around here! And wow, now I am a fan. I guess its true that any press is good press.

And yes, I have read threads were Jack gets irate and throws out a few barbs of his own... but wtf ?!? These "angry Jack" incidents occurred long after people (the same group) were taunting him in threads that he started. After that happened -- since he dared to get angry -- it seems you guys just won't let up. I have never read so much maligning done to one person since the New Testament! No one deserves this continual litany of insults.

Honestly, I doubt he showed up one day at ET with the intention to piss people off. Even if he was genuinely annoying (like we all know so many people here can be), does he really deserve all of this shit?

It seems the primary reasons that people like you and dgabriel, traderkay (who is getting little obsessive about the ISBN # thing) and a few others find him so offensive are due to the following: (i) you don't understand his concepts, and (ii) you demand proof to whatever he claims when he teaches -- which he apprently does not provide.

With regard to (ii), who the f*ck cares? If he were selling some trading system for $1000, I certainly would demand proof... but not if he just wants to take his time to show me something free of charge.

With regard to (i), well, I am still learning his concepts...but I am also making money. I also am learning other things from other people on this board--on a daily basis.

And if you, db, and the others are "only doing it for the children", i.e. the newbie traders who might fall under his terrible spell... well then your ego and your collective mutual admiration society are distorting your perception...it's not your job.

After awhile it just seems like you guys are actling like a gang of schoolyard bullies... and we all know that I am not the only one who thinks that way...

I am not trying to take sides or tell anyone what to do, I am just giving you my opinion.

Peace

#14     Oct 30, 2003
  5. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

People aren't banned for being misunderstood. And I'm not the one responsible for the banning.

You're a fan? Good for you. You're making money? That's good, too. But I learned a long time ago not to adopt crazy people as mentors.

#15     Oct 30, 2003
  6. I fully agree in all these points. Nice to see somebody write something intelligent here for a change.

I think it is superfluous to mention why this is happening. The bully's are insecure people who aren't happy with themselves.

Incidentally, self-secure people don't have the tendency / need to diminish others. It has no productive value whatsoever, and mature people know that and recognize the power of synergy instead.

If you think you can count any of these "board-bullies" as appropriately mature people, you're on the wrong train. They aren't, and they're not going to understand this or change in a hurry, no matter how much you tell them they're annoying. They live for it.

Either way - it's good to know who is who and why, and that not all people are like this...

Scientist.

#16     Oct 30, 2003
  7. Good work, db. I'm sure you'll always be the #1 flamer to be there to say something facetious.

So how was your trading day? Pretty rotten as usual?

Just FYI, there are people who think differently. There's Inandlong, for example, who changed his opinion regarding Jack, and spent lots of time on his threads to translate and elaborate the method.

Successfully, too. Inandlong now even recommends Jack Hershey's stock trading method, as you would recall from the other "Jack" thread yesterday.

In contrast to you, Inandlong is flexible and open to change, plus he isn't thick-headed, not to mention consistently insulent.

Plus of course I value his opinion a lot more than yours, since I suspect he's a much better trader than you - After a good time as a local on the floor etc. And besides, he's actually contributed some valuable things to this board. Something you've never done.

Oh, and regarding "I learned a long time ago not to adopt crazy people as mentors." - What an insulent, opinionated and destructive comment. One would think you must be 13 years old. Before you judge somebody as "crazy", go and have a good look in the mirror, phoenix. Where are you at right now?

Think about it. Think about the speck in your own eye for a change.

Scientist.

#17     Oct 30, 2003
  8. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Odd that you people keep dragging this stuff up, as though keeping it on the front burner proves some sort of point.

Scientist, get a life.

#18     Oct 30, 2003
  9. ROFL! Talk about hipocrisy! Amazing! :p

#19     Oct 30, 2003