Why is it scarier to spend money when you have it, then when you dont?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by peilthetraveler, May 25, 2009.

1. ElCubano

ElCubano

#31     Jun 4, 2009
  2. i personally knew a millionaire next door type--in fact a many times multi millionaire type-- guy had 20 big ones plus sacked away, lived like a pauper and died like one too.

truly sad. particullarly, since this style of life is pushed upon the wannabes as acceptable and normal. Dying with 20 million banked, but living a miser lifestyle is simply stupid-- anyway you cut it.

what's wrong with you guys? There is definitely a happy medium between stupidity and ghetto fabulous.

surf:(

#32     Jun 4, 2009
  3. ElCubano

ElCubano

living your life how you want to is the best way to live it.....If I want to be a homeless bumm and I am happy eating shit out of a can...then bring it.

#33     Jun 4, 2009
  4. Johno

Johno

For a smart person there is far more money to be made in the bad times than there is in the booms. Survival of the fitest is the rule. Personaly I intend to remain one of the fitest, I owe it to my family, but good luck with your choice all the same!

Best Regards

Johno

#34     Jun 4, 2009

5. agree.

however, it shouldn't be thought of as "normal" for the wealthy to live like the poor. per that assinine book.

surf

#35     Jun 4, 2009
  6. ElCubano

ElCubano

I can survive anything...so bring it on. I ain't scared of death or being poor. The millionaire next door was then this is now. When a loaf of bread cost $20 bucks you better know/learn how to survive off the grid homey...peace

#36     Jun 4, 2009
  7. Johno

Johno

Therein lies the difference, I'm planning to florish and you're intending to simply survive. Judging by your ghetto speak we obviously inhabit very different spaces.

Best Regards

Johno

#37     Jun 4, 2009
  8. ElCubano

ElCubano

ok yoko johno.....whatever you say or think. I love people who underestimate.

anyways getting back to the "millionaire next door" .... that book was written about people in a different time we are now in..That's all im saying. The avg frugal person back then was putting most of their nut in a tax deffered account that grew on a an avg salary. try that now yoko...

and yoko anytime you want to compare notes you let me know...peace

#38     Jun 4, 2009
  9. Johno

Johno

Having been a businessman/ speculator (with mixed success but currently riding the wave) for more than 20 years I am not your average frugal person, hence the difference in your and my attitudes to the future!

A hint for future reference, the more you crap on anonymously the less credabilitiy you impart, at this point you sound like a 16 year old boy trying to be a man.

Regards

Johno

#39     Jun 4, 2009
  10. ElCubano

ElCubano

I guess you don't read...anyways, i wish I was 16 yrs old. have a beautiful day ono.

#40     Jun 4, 2009