Why is it okay for a state to murder someone?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Jul 16, 2007.

1. One has only to look at this thread from years ago to reveal that the troll - then known as Optional777 - is simply recycling its hooks to lure in insuspecting bait:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15001

It is an interesting chapter if you are to properly study the evolution of the Zzzztroll. I recommend that all trollologists give it a thorough look-see.

#21     Jul 17, 2007
  2. Here's the Texas league summer lineup:

http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/stat/scheduledexecutions.htm

What's the problem? The guy did it and man was it bad.

Look at the race of the victims. The Blacks and Hispanics killed Whites. The Whites killed Whites (I think).

So where's the Blacks killing Blacks, Whites killing Blacks, Hispanics killing Hispanics? Where's theh Black on Black violence I always hear about show up in this batch? Why no DP?

Statistical anomaly? The Spring League we executed was much fairer, here's the race of the vics. We've got a more diverse Fall Lineup Judge, here's what we think the schedule will look like?

That's all BS - it doesn't relieve the mess with this group, right here - about to be executed. What do we say to this group?

I know if somehow I were a judge and heard an argument like this I'd be inclined to put an end to it.

#22     Jul 17, 2007
  3. jem

jem

Have you heard of governor mario cuomo and mayor guiliani. Supreme Court Justice

Brennan was a Catholic Yet he was one of the most liberal Supreme Court judges we know and supported Roe V. Wade and having public funds pay for abortion.

Eisenhower consulted with a Catholic Bishop to find a Catholic for the "Catholic Seat" on the court. In fact when i told you that a a Judge swears to uphold the Constitution - not the Church's views on the law I was paraphrasing a famous statement made by Brennan (and JFK for that matter).

You are clearly ignorant on this subject and should stop spewing your irrational venom.

#23     Jul 18, 2007
  4. BSAM

BSAM

Because penitentiaries in the United States don't work.

But, here's the bottom line:

Catch 'em on Monday/Have their trial on Tuesday/Cut their head off on MTV during prime time on Wednesday.

End of story. Many, many problems eliminated in the USA. Many, many taxpayer dollars not spent on the scum of the earth. Pretty good plan, huh?

#24     Jul 18, 2007
  5. If someone makes a decision on the basis of their personal faith, and if they are a good lawyer skilled in presenting a point of view, don't you see how easily someone can put forth a secular style argument when in fact their decision making process was not at all secular, but rather their skill in rationalization of their faith based decision is what we read.

#25     Jul 18, 2007
  6. Sounds like a radical Muslim Country and their plan...

Fundamentalist thinking is essentially the same everywhere it is seen...

#26     Jul 18, 2007
  7. jem

jem

Who says the decision making process has to be secular? Are you making the conservative argument here?

Is the constitution a living document taking in the experiences of the Justices or should we be looking at original intent?

Anyway you slice you were dead wrong about Catholics.

You just fell into a trap that many lawyers fall into.

You feel it is ok to bring in your preferred views and yet ban the others sides preferred views.

Its ok for a judge to follow your faith or lack thereof but its not ok for a Christian judge to inform his conscience with his faith.

Your argument is garbage and its why strict construction is favored by many informed jurists.

#27     Jul 18, 2007
  8. The original intent is not known, and you can't ask the Framers.

All we have is the document, and letters they wrote, and try our best to follow the spirit of the Framers, but we don't actually know what was in their mind exactly...

You don't know I am dead wrong about Catholics, what nonsense.

Good Catholics follow the Pope's declaration, the bad ones put secular issues ahead of the Church.

I am not saying I agree with the Pope, but it is easy enough to figure out that the Pope is the head of the Church, and the Pope if so inclined could have any politician excommunicated if the politics were in direct conflict with the Church's position.

Good Catholics worry about doing the wrong thing in the sight of God, the bad ones think otherwise...

Strict constructionists suffer from a very limited intellect, and a fundamentalist style thinking that they have the correct understanding of old dead documents.

#28     Jul 18, 2007