Why Is it in Investors Interest To Hold Equities

Discussion in 'Economics' started by tommo, Oct 23, 2007.

1. tommo

tommo

Go on then tell us some strategies.

Many thanks to all the people that made an effort to help me out made things a lot clearer. Cheers

#11     Oct 24, 2007
  2. StavrosW

StavrosW

My first strategy, it I were you, would be to hire somebody who knows what a stock is.

#12     Oct 24, 2007
  3. tommo

tommo

ok good one, thanks

#13     Oct 24, 2007
  4. Daal

Daal

there is also one more reason that tends to tie the share price to the company performance, a company that is doing very well and is with tons cash might announce to buyback its own shares at anytime which is a synthetic dividend to its shareholders

#14     Oct 24, 2007
  5. TOM134

TOM134

DON B.,

Thanks for your very concise explanation.

I enjoy reading your posts; I always take away something from your comments.

Again, thanks for your willingness to contribute. You make me a better trader and person.

Tom

#15     Oct 24, 2007
  6. bluud

bluud

I believe that is very important ... because for example say a company earns 10% net first year ... 12% net second year ... because the third year everyone expects a net 13% you would expect the stock to go up only 13% but it usually goes up like 30-40%

---

let's go back to our first company ... say our company finds a bank that gives exactly 10% interest annually and puts the million dollar in there ... (assuming there are no taxes and no expenses) ... we would always be sure that 1 million would turn into 1.1M first year and 1.21M second year and so on ... but in real life even though everyone was sure the return is constantly 10% ... the company stocks probably would not go up even 10% because there was no hope for any possible advancement

---

what I am trying to get at is what you said ... future expectations ... is what helps people be willing to bet at even higher prices

what do you say?

#16     Oct 24, 2007
  7. bluud

bluud