Why is IB's time 5 seconds behind the official time?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Big Game Hunter, Apr 29, 2008.

1. fluttrader... thankyou for that link. That might be just the solution that I need to solve my time synching problems. Provided that IB who refuse to allow there clients to accesss THEY'RE OFFICIAL TIME and how THEY choose to interpret it and my idea of what official time is agree with each other. Otherwise the tiny differences in how I interpret official time and they interpret official time will cause how I see a chart and how they see it to be different and Ill be unable to efficiently use there system since my bars will be slightly diffferent from theyre bars. The simple solution... Make TWS official clock time synch with a generic official standard that THEY also use instead of creating an artificial difference by not allowing there customers to use theyre most valuable resource... THERE OFFICIAL interpretation of time. This whole business is based on time stamping and they wont permit there customers to synchronise with there internal clocks. Thats criminal.

#11     Apr 29, 2008
  2. if you feel that strongly simply find another broker.

#12     Apr 29, 2008
  3. What Im really saying is that if your going to run an ATS automated system using there software the one most crucial element thats missing is the abilty to synchronise your trading system with there internal time clock mechanism in order that your system and there system stay in perfect synch. For those who think Im being pedantic its just so essential that your in synch with them perfectly because thats the whole point of business. To keep perfect time with business. And the only way to do that is to accurately synchronise there internal server clock beacuse otherwise your dead in the water. Your on 2 different pages and I cant believe that this issue hasnt been addressed already.

#13     Apr 29, 2008
  4. Unfortunately they insist on not allowing there customers access to there official internal server time that keeps all there charts ticking over on a PRE DETERMINED basis and instead ask that you rely on being able to guess at what theyre clock are actually displaying. And thats why youre system is doomed to failure because youre on two different clock sets.

#14     Apr 29, 2008
  5. NO CLING WRAP

#15     Apr 29, 2008
  6. Good idea. If you check esignals website youll see that IB is designed to exactly synvchronise with Esignal tick for tick . MEANING... they support a generic standard for time that THEY share but that they wont allow you to share. Check and see if you dont believe me. REDIPLUS and IB are two platforms which allow for whats known as 'integrated trading' meaning they both synchronise THEYRE clock with each other precisely.

#16     Apr 29, 2008
  7. Tums

Tums

get a grip.
    Time is Time. There is no preferred Time. Only one Time.

I won't be surprised if IB uses the same Atomic website site to synchronize their servers. LOL

#17     Apr 29, 2008
  8. balda

balda

Nobody cares because it is real time data.
    even if the clock says that it is 15 minutes behind and every one else is trading on a 15 min. behind clock.

#18     Apr 29, 2008
  9. Get ova it big game full looser.

#19     Apr 29, 2008
  10. cvds16

cvds16

English is my third language but I at least know it's THEIR, if you want to fuss over details, this one's not.

#20     Apr 29, 2008