Why is HSI the best future?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by TTT, Oct 1, 2018.

1. mini HSI 1 point=10HKD (1,27usd) and for HSI its 1 point =50HKD (6,38USD)

#11     Oct 14, 2018
  2. SteveH

SteveH

The HHI is the proxy for the HSI. It's like trading 1/2 of an HSI.

For all of the HSI's volatility, you don't have to risk more than 20-30 ticks on a 1 min chart to have a winning system. Go look at every red bar in an uptrend, every green bar in a downtrend and measure the MAE's if those were your entry points. The reward to risk ratios are outstanding. It's not just that. It's also that almost every one of these entries will have a 2:1 reward to risk ratio or far, far better. So recognize you are in a trend in real-time 40-50% of the time and the entry is fairly trivial (this is the whole crux of being a successful trend trader)

Traders who don't like this level of volatility lean more towards high winning pct systems with lower reward to risk ratios. You don't trade the HSI looking for 1:1 RR at 70% winners. You make your net gains primarily off of either the winning pct at close to 1:1 RR or far better RRs with less favorable odds of winning.

The main problem with failing traders that I've seen for decades now is that they can't resolve their emotions with the acceptance of the INVERSE relationship avg winning pct has to avg gain / avg loss.

#12     Oct 14, 2018
    birdman, toon, ElectricSavant and 2 others like this.
  3. Does anyone mind posting a 100v, 250v, 500v, and 1000v HA chart? I would like to know what I’m getting into before I request the data?

TIA :)

#13     Oct 19, 2018
  4. joederp

joederp

Hi Steve, can you clarify what MAE stands for?

#14     Dec 22, 2018