Why is Hillary interested in Cabinet position?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by arealpissedgoy, Dec 22, 2008.

1. She is out 13 million AND took a PAY CUT to boot.

Raises a red flag.

Why would someone lose that much personal wealth and make less money for a 4 year appointment.

Is being the secretary of state a lucrative job after leaving the post?

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/12/22/hillary-absorbs-131-million-campaign-loan/?hp

According to fillings with the Federal Election Commission, Mrs. Clinton forgave a total of $13,175,000 in personal funds that she lent to her campaign during the Democratic primary

who in their right mind would write off that much money for a lousy cabinet position?

Is this proof the hilde beast has ulterior motives?

2. Republicans and Democrats may spar on many issues, but we have atleast one thing in common: to do everything possible to ensure that Hillary bitch never becomes president.

3. I think it's a valid question. It's not immediately apparent to me that Secretary of State is preferable to being a Senator. I can't recall the last Senator to give up a seat for a cabinet position. I think it was William Cohen, who served as Clinton's Sec. o fDefense. For Hillary, going back to a Senate in which she lacked seniority and hence any real power must have seemed depressing. The State slot has ample opportunity for showboating and there is always the possibilty of the Nobel Peace prize.

4. Conor

Conor

To be honest what I find more worrying is why mister hope and change is bringing in the crying woman of old!
    How can you call yourself the voice of change and pick a Clinton arguably the least "change" oriented candidate!

5. To be honest what I find more worrying is why mister hope and change is bringing in the crying woman of old!
    --------------------------------

Imo, Mister hope and change wanted a peek at the donor list for Bill's library. Now, I think the Senate needs to confirm her appointment, I hope it falls through and it is a good possibilty via conflict of interest. Then she will be finished. Booyah!!