Why is dbphoenix back?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Maverick74, Jan 13, 2016.

1. dartmus

dartmus

Db's not coming back. Plus I should correct a misunderstanding, he never asked to come back. I and others asked baron to unban him and he did.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
    #51     Feb 9, 2016
    VPhantom, wrbtrader and fortydraws like this.
  2. dartmus

dartmus

It's not clear what Magna moderated out of your message but what's left is disingenuous. Many of us, including mgmt. I presume, wish these Brooks ect type of TA/StealthVendor threads were consistently popping up. Thanks for making your position clear as to wanting to see less rather than more TA. We get that.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
    #52     Feb 9, 2016
  3. Redneck

Redneck

Pity - I take special joy in dogging his ass

Oh well

RN

#53     Feb 9, 2016
    slugar and londonkid like this.
  4. The man of the people has spoken!

That, and you don't like his politics. (Really, the truth will set you free.)

All this sweaty innuendo and character assassination. And how do we know that you aren't "persuaded" by starry-eyed would-be traders for your services after reading your visionary posts in the ACD thread that you appropriated? Go ahead, prove a negative.

#54     Feb 10, 2016
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

Politics? I have no idea what his politics are. The guy has been banned from the top 3 trading forums on the web. Yeah sounds like a straight shooter to me. And I don't offer any services huckleberry.

#55     Feb 10, 2016
  6. Really? Even I vaguely remember your varied disputes with him in P&R. But a simple search will reveal pages of links of interactions between you two in that forum. Memory can be so selective, don't you think?

That you remember...

(See how character assassination works?)

#56     Feb 10, 2016
    kut2k2 likes this.
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

You've lost me. I argue with a lot of people on here. I have no idea what his politics are unless he states them and he has not to the best of my ability. My beef with him is not political, it's the sham he is running all over the web. And no, I am not offering any services. You can repeat that over and over again, it won't make it any more true. But you don't strike me as a guy that is after the truth anyway so I guess it's a moot point.

#57     Feb 10, 2016
  8. Yeah, I'm sure.

Speaking of truth, you may wish to spell it as "trooth." (Sounds like truth but really isn't.)

Speaking of truth, I've seen some of your hit pieces and have been on the receiving end of one or two. I know you for the amoral Internet hitman that you are.

You want truth? Here's some. The ACD thread that you appropriated? It is no better than what you accuse dbpheonix's threads of being. Here's why. I don't follow the thread, because I read Fisher's book and the method did not appeal to me, but I occasionally have a look at some of the posts when bored. You don't make any calls. You only offer color commentary. Sure you give "levels," but so what? Meanwhile, I've read posts where your followers and devotees commended you on your "calls," and you just basked in the glory rather than correcting them. They were not calls, but you tacitly let them believe that they were. There was no predefined entry; there were no specific exits. Neither in real time nor otherwise. Color commentary: This happened; That might happen. Am I wrong? Link? Perhaps I missed the real calls for which you have been given credit. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't make calls. But I don't pretend to, and that's where we differ.

Glass houses, Mav. They don't insulate very well.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
    #58     Feb 10, 2016
    kut2k2 and dartmus like this.
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

Gabfly, I don't make calls. I have stated that 1000 times. And if you read my thread you would know that I've politely asked others to refrain from doing so as well as they serve no purpose. The ACD thread is a research think tank thread. It's about ideas. It's not a "how to" thread or calling out trades like "this is the top". There are plenty of other places for that. I would argue that the ACD thread has the highest quality trading content on ET. Not because of me, but because of the quality of the other posters and the lack of trivial childish banter that goes on with most other threads. And it has stayed that way gabfly for 7 years which even you have to admit, is pretty impressive. It's unfortunate that you let petty personal grudges cloud your judgement. I can't help you with that unfortunately. You have to fight your own demons.

#59     Feb 10, 2016
    Tom B and dartmus like this.
  10. Funny how, more than once, when a follower commended you on your great "call," that you accepted the misplaced compliment rather than pointing out the above...

#60     Feb 10, 2016
    kut2k2 and dartmus like this.