Why is dbphoenix back?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Maverick74, Jan 13, 2016.

1. fortydraws

fortydraws

RN, I want to be your friend, so I hope we can just agree to disagree about DbPhoenix. and for what its worth, there are things about which I don't agree with DbPhoenix. Just to take an example from this thread: Patterns. I see patterns. I can't help it. I see them everywhere. And gosh darn it all if I don't trade them and make consistent profits doing it. So I cannot agree with DbPhoenix when he says there are no patterns, only behaviors. I am much more in agreement with you: Patterns exist, and it is the trader behavior that causes the patterns.

You say he draws the trend lines wrong, and yet what he is drawing is not, as I understand them, trend lines. Trend lines are what Victor Sperandeo and Edwards and Magee teach. DbPhoenix distinguishes the tool he uses from traditional trendlines by using the terms "supply" lines and "demand" lines. I have found the same nomenclature used by a man named Tom Demark, and he draws the lines as DbPhoenix does.

As to the other offenses you list, hey, it is ET. Discussion threads thrive because people get involved, and most of us who choose to speak up rather than lurk must do so at least in part due to a larger than average ego, and I really cannot say that anyone here has proven to my satisfaction that he or she trades. How could they? Post a blotter? Blotters can be easily faked or derived from sim results. Look at me - I've posted both real blotters and charts, and sim charts showing that the opportunity could be identified in real-time - and what did it get me? Well, I'd rather not re-live that nightmare.

Real-time calls? Well, I have seen quite a few of DbPhoenix's posts where "if ... then" scenarios were posted before the "then" occurred. No, that doesn't prove he trades. But it is more than enough for me to see that DbPhoneix does indeed know something worth knowing about the way markets work. You yourself give your share of advice here at ET. But if I were sworn in as a witness in a court of law, I could no more vouch for you being a bona fide real money trader than I could vouch dfor DbPhoenix or Schizo or I am nobody or Maverick or Lescor or slevin or any of the others who I think probably are, like you, a real money trader. None of that really matters, RN.

I mean you no disrespect, RN. And I wish you would let down your ire toward DbPhoenix for just a while. I would not expect you two to become friends, but if you could peaceably co-exist (the term "detante" comes to mind) it would please not only myself, but a number of others who have both you and DbPhoenix to be helpful over the years.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
    #41     Jan 18, 2016
  2. Redneck

Redneck

FD - You and I are totally cool Sir

=================

In addition to what I've listed - I have a friend on here that he fucked up (his trading)..., then berated him

He's on my list (and it a rather very short list btw - I typically don't harbor ill will - but in his case..., yup)

RN

#42     Jan 18, 2016
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

Guys regarding the "you can't make a living from an e-book" statement. I'm not a marketer but I know a few who are. This is how it works. You write an e-book. Most give it away for free, I guess DP wants 15 bucks. Fine. The point is not the 15 bucks. The e-book in 99% of the cases is a marketing piece. The purpose of such book is to get people to sign up for a service of some sort. Timothy Sykes probably epitomizes this model. Except he used a DVD and gave it away for free. The DVD is a pitching device. So please guys, don't give me the "he can't make a living selling e-book" spiel. This selling practice is very common in the industry and has been around for a decade. When I was growing up before we had e-books it used to be these small paperbacks you get in the mail where you sent in $3 to pay for postage to get a real 200 page book for free. The book was a marketing device getting you to pay for a service. There is nothing new here.

Again, I have nothing even against this approach. Just come clean. Admit what you are doing and people will leave you alone except maybe Baron who might ask you to pay for advertising which you should. And no, he will NEVER solicit you. That's what sales people do. The second they solicit, you identify them as a salesman. They can never do this. The idea is to convince you to "ask" for it. Then it comes across as him doing you a favor. Come on guys, don't play green here, you know the game. Stop defending it.

#43     Jan 18, 2016
    VPhantom, romik and londonkid like this.
  4. I think I remember him. He had some threads, true? Wasn't he the guy who talked crap to me when I asked him for less ambiguous posts or real time calls? I think he was the guy with the straight line thread, right? I'm pretty sure I called him a sfruaud but my post was probably deleted.

#44     Jan 18, 2016
  5. Pigsky

Pigsky

Yea thats exactly how the game works..... exactly. You would be surprised how much money you can bring in just from posting on a website without offering any proof of anything...... Also true that you may never have to make a sales pitch. A common tactic is to casually mention you are currently mentoring a few people, or you used to mentor...... and that will encourage people to ask for it......... If your act is solid you will be flooded with PM's for as long as you continue posting.......

I know of a case of a guy who raised almost a million dollars of OPM just from posting on financial message boards without offering anything more than hindsight analysis and starry-eyed stories of his rise to success. It was all detailed in SEC documents after his fund went under.......... including audit of his personal trading records which showed him to be a consistent loser prior to launching the fund.......

Off the topic of DB........ but I'll never forget being a noob and reading the thread "A Simple Price Action Approach" which featured a lot of seemingly highly successful traders generously offering advice. While studying the thread I accidentally discover that many of these traders were hosting chart images from the same ImageShack account. Turns out many of the "helpers" in that thread were under control of the same puppeteer. That was probably one of the greatest stealth marketing threads you will ever see anywhere......... and no one reading or participating in it suspected anything.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
    #45     Jan 18, 2016
    VPhantom, marketsurfer and DB_sezwhat like this.
  6. Did someone mention 'trend lines'?.. 'Lines'..?!:sneaky::D;)

#46     Jan 18, 2016
  7. Actually the ultimate in stealth vending , and they get away with it , is all these Al Bro0k5 thread consistently popping up on elite.

I never heard of this obscure trading educator before these threads. Now thousands know about him and he hasn't paid the site one cent to the best of my knowledge.

Great marketing! And folks don't even know it including the site management.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2016
    #47     Jan 19, 2016
  8. Pigsky

Pigsky

Funny to see mention of Brooks....... It seems there are more threads and discussion about him in past few years than all other vendors combined. No idea the reason for it but as the saying goes there's no such thing as bad publicity......

Speaking of bad publicity....... Big Mike was recently commenting on how many users of his site seem unphased by bad press about vendors. There have been countless examples where a vendor is named and shamed for some unethical or fraudulent practice yet users are still interested in pursuing the product/service being offered. His take-away on this was that if people are so desperate for a quick fix that they will pursue such services then the vending business must be booming. Almost as if they are knowingly engaging in self delusion. It seems he had this in mind when after banning DB, he told the followers if any of them complained about it they'd be banned too. LOL!

I was in supermarket recently and heard a Sheryl Crow song playing and some lyrics reminded me of all these guru-chasers.......

lie to me.... I promise I'll believe
    lie to me..... but please.... don't leave

:D

#48     Jan 20, 2016
  9. kut2k2

kut2k2

Hardly obscure. Al Brooks has written four trading books since 2009. According to his bio, he's a former MD (ergo "smart") who's been day trading for over a quarter century. His books are about price action and most technical traders here are PA traders. Hence the interest he's generated here and elsewhere, especially if his stuff actually works at least sometimes.

#49     Jan 20, 2016
    Xela and dartmus like this.
  10. J_Smith

J_Smith

I am getting a bit fed up talking about trading, so I decided to come to the places where something else is talked about, and I see DB mentioned, plus Al Brooks, and maybe a few more? Oh well, here goes!

The reality is that no person needs any such people to help them make money trading, and I will go as far and say that listening to such people can, in fact, cost you money.

Why is that, you say?

Simple!

There is absolutely no need for the information, whether it be from DB, Al Brooks, or anyone else who is selling, or, giving it to you.

It is simple to make money trading, once you have money to start with, can do some simple maths, and look at a chart to see where price is now, in relation to where it as been.

You do not need to look for any patterns beyond the simple formations that occur at turning points, and if you do not know what these formations look like, then you should not be risking your money, as your odds of losing will be very high.

Any time you deviate from this simple way of trading, then you will more than likely lose, and I know, and still do it at times, but I am always working to eradicate it for good, and getting there bit by bit - I also know what my problems are, which helps!

We are of course speaking about standard trading here, using price action as the key decision tool, and not trading like complicated option strategies, based on volatility models, etc, as that is an entirely different ballgame.

In a nutshell, people sell things for one reason, and one reason only!

You do not need such people, in fact, you are far better off to keep miles away from them, as they will do nothing but waste your time and money, until you eventually cop on, or run out of money trading!

J_S

#50     Jan 22, 2016
    VPhantom likes this.