Why is dbphoenix back?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Maverick74, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Redneck

Redneck

Behavior..., results in (creates) a pattern - whatever pattern it ends up being

RN

#31     Jan 15, 2016
    dartmus likes this.
  2. barcadia

barcadia

Completely agree. But it ends up a 'pattern' none-the-less.

#32     Jan 15, 2016
    Aj2014 likes this.
  3. Redneck

Redneck

Sorry.., thought you were asking

RN

#33     Jan 15, 2016
  4. dartmus

dartmus

Not for the cases where this time that same pattern doesn't include the behavior. Some patterns have a higher probability of including behavior simply based on the nature of the pattern, i.e. traps. Trader's astute enough be focusing on 'these' non-patterns are actually targeting trader behavior without realizing it, so they're still at risk of having many false positives because focusing on precise requirements without 1st understanding the specification results in including details of price action that are coincident or random rather than the components which identify the behavior.

#34     Jan 15, 2016
  5. dartmus

dartmus

EXACTLY!

2 thumbs up!

#35     Jan 15, 2016
  6. fortydraws

fortydraws

To be fair, @Maverick74 I asked baron to unblock DbPhoenix. To the best of my knowledge, DbPhoenix has not availed himself of his renewed ability to participate here.

To the best of my knowledge, the extent of DbPhoenix as a vendor is that he has a $30ish e-Book that he self-published, most if not all of the content of which has all been made available here and elsewhere for free. I doubt you can even find a post in which DbPhoenix mentions his ebook - at least none since his first return to ET. I made the mistake of mentioning it one time, and DbPhoenix pm'ed me asking me not to mention it again. If he really depended upon ebook sales for his livelihood, I doubt he'd have asked me to shut my mouth about it. I doubt that he generates any kind of "living wage" from this work. I doubt he sells very many copies at all, to be honest.

As to whether or not he trades matters not at all to me, maverick, and I myself have benefited from what he has shared here at ET. I do not know why so many others get so emotionally worked up over DbPhoenix's posts. What matters to me is that the material he discusses here was done so with sufficient clarity and comprehensiveness that even an uneducated blue collar guy like me was able to test and implement some important elements into the mental framework I use to understand how my markets work. I am not perfect, I take my share of losses, but I nonetheless do very well, and much of what I do is either based upon or influenced by DbPhoenix's explanation of Wyckoff's teachings.

I think that if DbPhoneix ever does choose to post at ET again, it could be a real value to the small group of us that benefit from framing at least part of our understanding in the manner and terms he uses. If only those who find no value in what he does would drop it, leave it, and move on rather than start a new flame war.

#36     Jan 18, 2016
    VPhantom likes this.
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

What people don't like is the act. If you have a book, if you mentor others on the side, etc just come out and say it instead of acting like you are mother Theresa and your sole purpose in life is to help the sick and the poor. He then plays dumb when you call him out on it which is a question of character. Just be honest. Of course he told you to shut up about the e-book. The second you mention it exposes him as a vendor and not some innocent poster who just wants to "share". I have no issues with vendors as long as they are identified as such. You have no idea the business he does over PM's. I know how these guys work. Why do think he went over to Big Mike's and Trade To Win? To share? Come on. It's his livelihood. These website owners deserved to get paid if they are going to use these sites as recruiting grounds. But the guy is too cheap to ante up. So he just makes 10k posts where he is not selling anything waiting for people to PM him and trust me they do. It works. Just ask Surf how much business he has gotten off ET by never once stating what he does. He'll tell you.

#37     Jan 18, 2016
    i960, londonkid, jem and 3 others like this.
  8. fortydraws

fortydraws

He never solicited a dime from me. He gave me quite a bit of direction, help, and advice via pm's initiated by me, and not once did he ever ask for any compensation. I have never heard anyone saying otherwise. I respect you and your contributions here. I respect the thought that you put into surmising what you have about DbPhoenix. But I can only go on my own personal experience of the man. And he has not ever tried to offer me any sort of for-fee mentoring or anything of the kind. I am sure he sells copies of his book, but do the math, Maverick, and ask yourself if in your heart of hearts, if not your mind of minds (and I can tell you have one of the sharpest minds here) do you believe he could possibly sell enough of these on an annual basis to fund any kind of life?

Again, all I say to you is done with the utmost respect for you. I hope you will see it in that light.

#38     Jan 18, 2016
    VPhantom likes this.
  9. kut2k2

kut2k2

If he hasn't posted since the ban, how did you know he's back?

#39     Jan 18, 2016
  10. Redneck

Redneck

FD

You're overlooking a few other details

Stuck his nose into several threads
    Started..., I lost cont of how many TL (SLA I think) threads
    Draws his TLs incorrectly - and this absolutely jacks up newer traders
    Told me things don't work - that I literally use every day
    Unwilling to prove he trades - which if you're going to "help" you better damn well know what you're talking about - talk the talk.., then walk the walk

And way too damn much ego

Where ever he is now - let him remain

Good riddance

RN

#40     Jan 18, 2016