Why is communism so bad?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by KINGOFSHORTS, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Saw it in a Frontline piece beyond that the truth of it is like any other truth accepted w/o being an eyewitness. Chinese government trains and approves preachers. They fear dissidency
    seeded from a religious source could threaten their approach to "order". I suppose the idea is to do what they think is best for the country as opposed to individuals.

#11     Nov 2, 2010
  2. -it doesn't work.

the best arguments are laid out by economists like F.A. Hayek and other Austrian Economists- the ideological defenders of capitalism.

to me it comes down to real estate(although, i dont like it as an investment vechicle), I want to one day live in a 10,000sqf home on the Southern California coastline. Coming from a modest background, markets offer the only way possible to trade myself up to all the goods and services i desire.

#12     Nov 2, 2010
  3. What did communism develop that you like?

Did they develop the drugs that extend life expectancy? the computer that you're now playing with? the internet that Al Gore developed? hi tech bombs? hi tech agriculture equipment?

Does communism have money to assist other nations like Haiti, Africa, Pakistan, etc?

The successful communists integrate capitalism in their government. China is doing an outstanding job. Russia likes to sell their war equipment to other nations so we can kill each other.

I thought you were misguided, KINGOFSHORTS, but apparently, your a leftist communist useful idiot. [​IMG]

#13     Nov 2, 2010
  4. Ricter

Ricter

Actually, communism (in a similar loose sense that you're using for capitalism) did develop the internet. At any rate, I get your drift. But individuals alone did not develop those things you mention, either. They acted in groups, in common, using the tools given to them by culture, which is "common".

No one is advocating so much communism that the individual's ambition and creativity are smothered. And to be fair, no one is advocating so much individual freedom that any person is free to dump his toxic waste into a watershed, either. Again, balance is key. Men are not merely parts of a machine, neither are they self-sufficient. I guess you could say human nature is "created" by the instrument (perspective) you use to examne it, akin to the nature of light.

#14     Nov 2, 2010
  5. +10

#15     Nov 2, 2010