Why is CNBC pushing marijuana?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by 4444CJones4444, Mar 20, 2009.

1. What is the agenda here? I know they're just pretending to be a financial network, but pushing a corporation's agenda is one thing, pushing weed is something entirely different.

Any ideas? What do they have to gain from this type of programming?

2. auspiv

auspiv

now i'm not sure what cnbc would have to gain from promoting marijuana, but all government on all levels (state, fed, local) could use a nice boost in tax revenue...

3. Because G.E. wants to expand its hydroponics equipment sales.

4. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

probably more truth to that then anyone wants to admit. The ownership of media by large corporations is one of the scariest things about the times we are living in.

5. Do you drink alcohol?

6. trendo

trendo

First, establish your premise that CNBC is pushing marijuana. Then you can ask why.

7. they did me a favor. I turned to bloomberg 3 seconds after seeing the old lady Sue talking about weed.

8. I don't have an issue with weed itself. Smoke it up. What do I care?

I just wonder what the hell CNBC is doing airing commercials, programming and now debating legalizing marijuana in the "Octagon Of Noise" for what seems like around the clock coverage. This is Nancy Grace material. Why is a financial network so interested in growing bud?

9. Do you suspect a conspiracy? Are you sure CNBC is working this story 'around the clock'?