Why is bullying and harassment condoned on ET?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by baro-san, Jun 26, 2012.

1. ForAPlus

ForAPlus

Maybe because Jack Hershey deserves it?.... just saying....

#31     Jul 17, 2012
  2. I certainly deserve it as you say.

It is a very good idea for upset people to vent. Usually, like you, they need a target.

they pick one that is making calls and is in the market ll the RTH. What a great target.

besides that I am in my 80th year. That is really creepy to think about.

I compensate for my age and calls by answering specific questions from anyone. I also drive the largest 12 cylinder BMW ever built (It has NASCAR racing tires as a requirement).

You must be a ral busy important guy. Help out TO; the stuff he is going to be working on for a month is going to fail.

#32     Jul 17, 2012
  3. ForAPlus

ForAPlus

Who's TO? Have you got me confused with someone else?

I haven't got a dog in this fight Jack - I hope this is the last time our paths will cross.

#33     Jul 18, 2012
  4. Good1

Good1

In the Michelle Williams thread 15 aliases ganged up on Larry Williams. I decided to list them:

Code:
    Alias   	Joined	     PostsPerDay	
    hypostomus	1/22/2002	0.68	
    Joe Doaks	5/8/2004	0.4	
    Emil Kraepelin	5/21/2004	0.15	
    Cassandra	6/1/2004	0.03	
    F.-M. Arouet	6/17/2004	0.03	
    Rahula Gautama	8/19/2004	0.04	
    Albert Cibiades	7/7/2005	0.18	
    RichardRimes	10/14/2005	0.98	
    Kevin Schmit	11/25/2005	0.21	
    Lornz	        1/2/2008	0.55	
    Ash1972	        5/17/2009       0.26	
    SteveNYC	7/29/2010	0.9	
    Peternam	8/4/2010	0.6	
    Brass	        1/6/2012        12.47	
    SamGold     	5/24/2012	1.96	

Considering these are all the same posthumorous poster, I think it's pretty ridiculous what has been said here:

I would venture to say that every type of character described in the above paragraph is being perped by one of posthumorous' aliases.

#34     Jul 25, 2012

5. Your post created a small dilemma.

TO has since failed.

I mulled through the dilemma at long last. While I do not condon bullying or harassment, I let it be part of my life. The dilemma you created is small and will alwys be a satisfaction to me because I get to do two things at once.

there are so many people who do not enjoy the benefits of trading that I have, I just have to let them know I don't use the complin button one wy or the other.

The non dog thing and the supposed fight thing are both puzzling. Aren't there numerous things you do not have? Why do you see fights? People who bully and harass are not fighting really. They are just showing how harmless they are.

I'm never going to trade by POA for them.

#35     Jul 27, 2012
  6. Brass

Brass

That would leave you fairly invisible.

#36     Jul 28, 2012
  7. baro-san

baro-san

Baron, you see how some of the trolls follow a poster wherever he posts just to harass him personally. Brass is one of them. I believe that ET should discourage this kind of behaviour.

#37     Jul 28, 2012
  8. Because this is a site for traders (real or wanna-be). Having a very thick skin is a job requirement. The market bullies & harasses me all day long, every day. I still need to show up the next day. Deal with it and use the "ignore" feature if you need to

#38     Jul 31, 2012
  9. Good1

Good1

Its one thing for one person to badger one person. Its another thing for one person using multiple aliases to badger one person. Then it becomes a gang, and it becomes a bully. Even worse if the bully cannot lay claim to profitable trading, and seeks to censure what the rest of us can read, should the bully-ee decide to no longer post here. I don't think people should be expected to be as "thick-skinned" in the club where they go to relax as they need to be on the actual field of competition (unless they are posting in Politics and Religion). Winners do not need to be here to make money! Bullies do need to be here to get the jollies they can't get on a level playing field. Do the math.

Having said all that i have a serious question. Is Jack Hershey really just a bully? There's this thing called *brow beating*, tolerable only because one appears to contribute. But i began to question that appearance many moons ago. Today we are dealing with someone's response to that appearance. Actually two people have responded in a most unusual way to it, each multiplying their aliases to deal with him. And now, its gotten so out of hand that a bully with multiple aliases may even include Jack Hershey among his stable of characters! I simply put him on ignore one day and never looked back. You couldn't pay me a million dollars to look back. So it's not a problem for me. But he could be a problem for the forum once you look at the big picture. It's about trolls and trolling. Ultimately, a troll hdes under a proverbial bridge, and keeps you from crossing a bridge to a better destiny, and, in its process, would make a fool of you if it could.

#39     Jul 31, 2012
  10. Just to help you out (if someone whom you do not have on ignore quotes me) I have had different names here. They were serial as a consequence of my getting booted for bad behavior. After a while, someone asked (on my behalf) if I could have my original name back. That was granted and I was told to not misbehave. I still do use fuck rarely though.

I can see that you fel I am unsuitable for your set of suitability reasons. You took a good step to ignore me for the future.

I drew a fine line a very long time ago.

I want people to use excessive profits to help others solve problems. So I read all kinds of people. Occasionally there is one who is intellectually strong and has integrity. So I set that person to work to do one thing: build his mind.

Mind building is probably difficult if a person starts later than earlier. The reason is that a person cannot erase bad beliefs. The erasing is necessary.

I often get fooled for a while (years in a few cases).

The up side of how I do this is that a "bad" guy cannot go through the mind building. The serial facts and principles I impart to not fit with the greed mentality or the sloppy greedy mentality.

I do not argue with anyone if that person can't reason. If they can then they get a treat.

The internet population is like a rotating mill. The same loop is taken over and over but with differing populations.

You are not an outstanding person so you have a "good" booster you operate.

If I had a professional name it would be "logicologist". I had to weave the warp and woof of five threads together to complete the cloth of a complete system that continually takes all of the market's offer on any chosen trading fractal in any liquid market anywhere. I did it and documented it.

Another person here who was where you are now, has made a statement and it includes where he currently progressed to. he is getting much closer to where the reasoning process resolves itself. I was glad to see he is arriving where I am by his own means.

On the other hand some joker reminds ET that WJO'N preceded me, when, in fact, Darvas and I were of the same generation.

#40     Jul 31, 2012