Why is bullying and harassment condoned on ET?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by baro-san, Jun 26, 2012.

1. I dunno... I get a kick out of this place. It's entertaining as #*$#*!!! LoL...

I think it's kind of an honest reflection of trading. Trading is a game of deception, a battle of big ego's, a invisible sliver of truth here and there, and etc...

If you can't handle the party, leave the house! :D

Ah well, market action picks up again Thursday/Friday... So everyone will have a break from being at each others throats on ET.

#21     Jul 4, 2012
  2. achilles28

achilles28

Content quality is much higher here, than other trading forums. Trade2win? Forexfactory? etc Most people there can't speak english. Good luck with that.

#22     Jul 4, 2012
  3. Baron

Baron ET Founder

One of best assessments of ET I've seen in a long, long time. Very insightful. Someone actually gets it!!

#23     Jul 4, 2012
  4. You have forgot me.

I like the forum for the rough atmosphare.
    :p

#24     Jul 9, 2012
  5. The only quibble I have with the above is that Trade2Win is dominated by Brits. It's a different kind of English, quaint sounding, really, but it is English.
    I suspect Forexfactory might have a few more folks from non-English places, just because of its subject matter.

#25     Jul 9, 2012
  6. nkhoi

nkhoi

T2W is too stiff upper lip, akin to drinking flat beer after a while you just say why bother?

#26     Jul 9, 2012
  7. ET is a brotherhood, it just is.
    Look forward to reading the crews posts daily. Better than a newspaper.

#27     Jul 9, 2012
  8. achilles28

achilles28

Interesting. Maybe you're right. I didn't have the patience to weed through it. Figured it was a bunch of foreigners butchering the language and took off. That said, FF has a lot more strategy ideas, journal activity.

#28     Jul 9, 2012
  9. once you figure out who the trolls are or who will post a reiteration of what they also post (for example: day traders always lose), you can just put them on your ignore list. suddenly, et becomes a reasonable place!

#29     Jul 10, 2012
  10. baro-san

baro-san

For example today The Oracle in the thread Forums ›› Trading for a Living ›› Trade Management ›› Why Is The Obvious Not So Obvious? repeatedly used rude language toward me (and others), unprovoked. It seems the moderators considered that to be okay. Yesterday and today a few others joined The Oracle ganging on Jack Hershey, using rude language, denigrating him, bullying him to stop posting.

#30     Jul 16, 2012