Why is bullying and harassment condoned on ET?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by baro-san, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Don't encourage him. The best way to deal with a bully is to bitch slap him. Scratch a sadist and you find a masochist.

#11     Jun 27, 2012

2. Aww go blow it out your ass you piker :cool:

#12     Jun 27, 2012
  3. Baron

Baron ET Founder

EliteTrader.com : "Disposing of the Delicate Since 1997" :D

#13     Jun 27, 2012
  4. zdreg

zdreg

if you can build a computer like tikittrader i will pay for the parts.
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=223072

this had to be one of the most informative threads on this board or any other board.

what are you talking about?

#14     Jun 27, 2012
  5. You, sir, are now provisionally qualified to apply for denizenship in Tejas Norte. Based on your prior postings, I will stand for you that you are a gun owner. No state taxes. Easy concealed handgun lisence (or is that license?). Horny ugly women. Cold winters. Hot summers. Corn won't grow. Weeds proliferate. Bobcats in the back yard. Paradise on earth! Bad attitudes appreciated. Now taking applecations.

#15     Jun 27, 2012
  6. Now that makes an awesome ET - T'Shirt :D

p.s.
    Thank you very much for the kind words zdreg

#16     Jun 27, 2012
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

That sums it's up pretty well.

#17     Jun 27, 2012
  8. nkhoi

nkhoi

yes the first letter of names are all in upper case.

#18     Jun 27, 2012
  9. That's just scratching the surface. You're just describing the ET moderators. :D :D

#19     Jul 1, 2012
  10. jcl

jcl

I have to agree on the problem, but not on the explanations. Trolls, pretenders and "gurus" appear on all other trader forums as well. They just have far less influence there and don't generate the majority of the posts.

Here we have to wade through a swamp of insults and platitudes in every single thread. This is a problem for a commercial forum, as most potential users are driven away to competing trader forums when they notice the overall low standard and hostile atmosphere here. I can give many examples of threads where 10 trolls immediately react with insults on any user who posts or asks something useful. This is normally a sign of a dying forum.

All this is a problem of ineffective moderation. On other forums, personal insults, off topic and troll posts are prohibited, and this is strictly enforced by the moderators. Such measures would raise the standard here a lot.

#20     Jul 2, 2012