Why is bloomberg so freaking fast?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by gmst, Apr 25, 2013.

1. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

I have never found bbg customer service to be anything but excellent.

Every request I have given has either been resolved or answered as to why it can't.

Recently i mentioned that they should offer some kind of historical vol data, I got 5 people calling me asking what they could do.

#11     Apr 25, 2013
  2. gmst

gmst

My experience has been similar. Excellent service - but good to hear some other experience as well.

coming back to the topic:
    so why is bbg so incredibly fast?

#12     Apr 25, 2013
  3. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

I don't know the technical reasons, but they have the philosophy that costs don't matter.

So they pay for the best and most of everything and everyone.

#13     Apr 25, 2013
  4. misaki

misaki

Wow, hard to believe this. Service is really what you pay for. The last time I had a BB problem in Tokyo, they sent someone down to fix it in practically 30 minutes. (Our firm was around Minato-ku and I've been to their office several times before and would always set aside 25 minutes for the trip to Otemachi.)

And obviously, there's no secret to the platform's speed, just better backend developers behind the scenes. BB's a good place to work at, and they attract plenty of talent. Their office was prettier than Google's, don't think Amibroker can compete at employment...

I sound like a BB salesperson now... :D

#14     Apr 25, 2013
  5. hftvol

hftvol

Bloomberg is in in Maru- biru not in Otemachi. If you had actually ever been to their office then you would know. Moron!!!

#15     Apr 25, 2013
  6. misaki

misaki

You are the truest moron. Everyone who has been there knows that Otemachi station is the best station to get there (and not Tokyo Station, by the way, at least because they were doing some shitload of construction not so long ago).

http://www.marunouchi.com/marubiru/english/03_access/access.html

#16     Apr 25, 2013
  7. hftvol

hftvol

Bullshit. Bbg is in marunouchi building which is about 30 meters away from the marunouchi line Tokyo station exit. Enough said. You completely disqualified yourself for everyone to see.

#17     Apr 25, 2013
  8. gmst

gmst

Other than creating nuissance and trolling, did your parents teach you to stick to the topic on hand? The topic here is what makes bbg so fast? Can you answer that please? If not, go away MORON.

#18     Apr 25, 2013
  9. misaki

misaki

(1) You're pathetic if you can't even read directions:

Otemachi Sta. (Mita Line) Exit D1 approx. 3 min.

(2) Since you're so fond of googling, explain how do I have pictures, visibly from the same camera, of their office - and for bonus, out of UBS's office (which is next door at Shin-Marunouchi) and facing the Imperial Palace - that you can't find on Google image search?

http://i.imgur.com/X4ny7Ol.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/VLciF7C.jpg

(3) It's inconvenient to get off of Tokyo Station for many reasons - construction, crowd on the JR line, and because my office place was along the Hibiya line.

#19     Apr 25, 2013
  10. hftvol

hftvol

I do not need to read directions because unlike you, the IT tool who needs to go to bbg for schooling, I traded at citi which is in the same building and jpm which is right around the corner. My own office is not far either. It takes about 10 seconds to get into the building from the Tokyo station subway exit. You know why I am sure you are a coding monkey? Because as professional trader you would have learned to admit mistakes. Yu were and are factually wrong and are to uptight to admit it.

#20     Apr 25, 2013