Why is anyone other than self-involved rich Americans supporting the political Right?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gabfly1, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

What happened to your obsession with political correctness?

Are you suggesting you would discriminate against these two gentlemen? Are you superior to them?

#41     Mar 19, 2011
  2. Only insofar as they are you and Trader666.

#42     Mar 19, 2011
  3. More likely they're you and your brother (& lover). That would help explain why your life is so empty and pathetic.

#43     Mar 19, 2011
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

So you are an elitist who discriminates against those you consider inferior. Where's optional/ZZZZZzzzz with his standard "Klanish" accusations when you need him? :)

Hey RCG and I are having a discussion you may want to join in on, on my side of course.

#44     Mar 19, 2011
  5. Deleted a post here. Wrong context.

#45     Mar 19, 2011
  6. Hello

Hello

My question would be: Why would anyone support bigger government?

When you look around all you see is government programs spending more and more money, and us getting less and less for our tax dollars.

90% of businesses fail within their first year, so through purely darwinian forces branches of government are bound to fail to do their job properly for the amount they stated. Why is it that 90% of businesses fail within their first year, but 99% of government programs that are created remain in operation forever? It is because we allow them to have unlimited access to money, with zero accountability, and crooked politicians buy off these people for more votes. Add that on to the fact that it is generally the most lazy and inept people who flock to the government, and we get to where we are today, with 99% of government programs failing, and none of them ever going out of business.

We are witnessing what happens when we get the equivalent of a "perfect storm" Bush was so incompetent, and turned off the voters so much that he paved the way for someone who was even more incompetent to be elected, a community organiser with no private sector experience, who has surrounded himself with other so called academics who all have zero clue how the real world works because none of them have ever had any experience, or success in the private sector.

#46     Mar 19, 2011
  7. Apple meet orange.

#47     Mar 19, 2011
  8. Hello

Hello

Bullshit.

Both the private and public sector are designed to provide the public with a good or service that the public wants or needs at a certain cost.

The difference is that the private sector is held accountable for their actions where as the public sector is not. If I am in the private sector, and my costs get too high based on the amount of revenue i am taking in, my business goes broke. If the quality of my good/service falls to much people buy from someone else, and I go out of business.

With government there is no accountability whatsoever, you can let the quality of the good or service slip as much as you want, and also blow through the budget and simply get more money,(by promising to vote for a democrat of course) on a never ending credit card.

Why do you think that in almost every single case the private sector is able to provide better results for less money? It is because there is competition.

That is the reason that most rational people want as little government involvement in their lives as possible, because there is no accountability for any of their actions. A person has to be seriously irrational to look around at all the areas that their money is being wasted in the government, and say, "I want more of that." Either that or the person wanting more government is the beneficiary of government programs they dont pay for instead of the person footing the bill, in which case they are just a leech.

#48     Mar 19, 2011
  9. Okay. Apple meet bullshit.

You are making sweeping generalizations that preclude serious discussion. Have a nice weekend.

#49     Mar 19, 2011
  10. wjk

wjk

Your question implies it’s about money. My dislike of the political left far exceeds my dislike for the political right, though the reasons are far too many to elaborate on. I will only say that for some of us, it’s about much more than money.

#50     Mar 20, 2011