Why is america so desperate to engage iran in direct talks?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 426653478, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Tom B

Tom B

In what branch of the military did Obama serve?

#11     Jun 23, 2009
  2. Says the kid in junior college that spends his entire day posting in this Forum. And people wonder why ET has gone down the tubes . . .

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=167678&perpage=6&pagenumber=3

Tell me, how much does Baron pay you per post? Do you get a coupon for a "Happy Meal" if you generate a certain amount of web-activity too? :D

Is there a "bonus" in the last week of the month for marking up the web "hits" for ET? How many aliases do you have on ET? Is "Tom B" one of your other screen names? Do you ever find it funny that you wind-up talking to yourself in the same thread while trying to generate web "hits" for ET? :D

Why not just come out and tell the truth and let everyone here know why you really post here???

#12     Jun 23, 2009

3. Yep. We are broke. It remains to be seen how this will effect

the military in the years ahead. To me, it is a real concern.

#13     Jun 23, 2009
  4. Exactly... he did not serve in any and at least he is not trying to invade other countries.

Bush (Texas Air Guard lol) and Cheney (4 deferments from the military) on the other hand invaded Afghanistan and Iraq... and used their experience to promote torture too. These guys would've loved to invade Iran too.

Here is tough guy neo-con Mr. Cheney:

"When Cheney became eligible for the draft, during the Vietnam War, he applied for and received five draft deferments. In 1989, The Washington Post writer George C. Wilson interviewed Cheney as the next Secretary of Defense; when asked about his deferments, Cheney reportedly said, "I had other priorities in the '60s than military service."Cheney testified during his confirmation hearings in 1989 that he received deferments to finish a college career that lasted six years rather than four, owing to sub par academic performance and the need to work to pay for his education. Initially, he was not called up because the Selective Service System was only taking older men. When he became eligible for the draft, he applied for four deferments in sequence. He applied for his fifth exemption on January 19, 1966, when his wife was about 10 weeks pregnant. He was granted 3-A status, the "hardship" exemption, which excluded men with children or dependent parents. In January 1967, Cheney turned 26 and was no longer eligible for the draft."

#14     Jun 23, 2009
  5. Tom B

Tom B

Obama recently increased the number of troops deployed in Afghanistan (which I agree with), and has threatened to expand the war into Pakistan.

#15     Jun 23, 2009
  6. Will you please post the date you and I registered on this site and then compare the number of our posts?

#16     Jun 23, 2009
  7. That's totally meaningless.

Because most of us are pretty familiar with how screen-names are "stored" and archived at ET and brought out for "prop-posters" such as yourself to generate web-activity on ET.

#17     Jun 23, 2009
  8. Do you have to work at being this stupid or does it just come naturally?

#18     Jun 23, 2009
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

Profile For Landis82
    Date Registered: 07-24-06
    Total Posts: 6799 (6.38 posts per day)

Profile For bugscoe
    Date Registered: 03-18-06

Total Posts: 759 (0.64 posts per day)

Looks like he's got you "beat" by 10:1 bugscoe.

#19     Jun 23, 2009
  10. Leave it to the resident ET CLOWN to ignore all of the other screen-names that he and his "buddies" have on this site.

#20     Jun 23, 2009