Why is a Declining US birthrate bad? seems to make sense to me.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by noob_trad3r, Feb 12, 2013.

1. WS_MJH

WS_MJH

+1 -- more than half the kids born to women under 30 are out of wedlock. 20 years from now that'll have a very profound impact on society. Even right now, people aren't getting married anymore. Under half of people 25-35 are married, which is the prime ago for forming families. As you noted, society is changing, and the people who'll be showing up in the future are not going to be from two-parent households. Brave new world.

#11     Feb 17, 2013
  2. well, now, we just call married people who have children, members of the "Breeding Class."

ok for some I suppose

if you don't want to get ahead

not something a thinking person would do

#12     Feb 17, 2013
  3. WS_MJH

WS_MJH

I'm surprised you wrote this, considering (from my memory) you were married and have kids yourself.

#13     Feb 17, 2013
  4. FREE AT LAST

FREE AT LAST

yes, once I was a member of the breeding class

but thanks to the Grace of God (and old age)

no more

couldn't even breed another child again if I wanted to

even if I could find a willing partner

but some

especially the young

are not so fortunate

I've noticed that women, especially when they start pushing up against that biological clock, become particularly susceptable, and many times throw away a whole career and a lifetime of learning, just to have a baby. And usually, the man they claimed they loved, just turns out to be a sperm donor.

and so here we are again, 50 years later, another generation of single mothers, and fatherless children.

No big deal, until you try to explain God as the Holy Father. Most just ask, "What's a father?"

#14     Feb 17, 2013
  5. I deal with this demographic on a daily basis. There is no greater ambition for these people than to be "Ghetto Fabulous" They are completely unaware of the world as a whole and denounce any thinking along the lines that there are bigger entities in the financial universe than their local meth dealer.
    The population decline in post modern society is a normal thing. Resources are in limited supply and those of intelligence see this. The class of people who turn to the state as the sole source of income will never get off the gravy train and better themselves. There is no incentive to due so. The demographics in the states will continue in a downward spiral until it hit the global standard. This means we are not even close to hitting the bottom yet.

#15     Feb 26, 2013
  6. it is indeed very discusting... and very well said

#16     Feb 26, 2013