Why iPhone to cause AAPL to tank

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by increasenow, Aug 1, 2007.

1. S2007S

S2007S

exactly right, its just a phone.

#11     Aug 1, 2007
  2. EXACTLY...okay, let's remember this and papertrade...On Wed. August 1st...SOLD SHORT 15,000 AAPL shares at 3:59PM Eastern time...AAPL Price at 3:59PM...$135.00...

#12     Aug 1, 2007
  3. just a phone that can only do one or two things that my PDA can't do. AAPL is the king of repackaging something and pitching it as a new invention. props to their design team because they are the ones making it a success.

#13     Aug 1, 2007

4. I would have to say that you are 100% correct on your views about the iPhone except one big thing.... the iPhone will sell. The reason is very simple.

Apple is like Starbucks imho. Coffee there is great yeah, but worth $4 a cup? I don't think so. But starbucks creates an experience and thats what it is all about. Apple is the same way. Just take a look at the iPod, great MP3 player sure. The best? hell no. Tons better out there. But its the experience... the culture.... the PR work... the hip way that make their products be the 'in' thing that gets them off the shelves.

When its all said in done people will gladly switch to Cingular, get a slower network, get a decent phone and pay out the ass for it. Why? Because its cool as hell to have one.

#14     Aug 1, 2007

5. Good thing thats just a papertrade. I'm long $120 calls on AAPL at 3:30 pm. Plan on selling them during the morning spike.

IF there's a spike. If job data is reported and its shitty, I'll lose a good amount.

#15     Aug 1, 2007
  6. fade the extremes with these hyped stocks , offers good opportunities. play the ryme & reason game, always someone cashing in to take profits to make a trade work in using some common sense.

#16     Aug 1, 2007
  7. Iphone is not what is pushing Apple up. Iphone does nothing but make people more aware of brand and ipod and computers.

#17     Aug 1, 2007
  8. This is the thinking that pervades the market... I think I heard they were cutting production, I think the iPhoone can't send pictures, etc.

It's expensive, but so is plastic surgury, neither a necessity, neither going out of business. The iPhone is not their "core" business. Success has yet to be determined, but the 270,000 units reportedly sold are excellent testbeds for the touchscreen technology's use on a new iPod.

I have an iPhone. I have dropped. It didn't break. I put it in my pocket with keys and change. It doesn't scratch. Try one, then decide, but don't tell the world what you think you heard when making investment decisions.

#18     Aug 1, 2007
  9. foresight

foresight

a cup of coffee at my starbucks is like 1.50. you should complain

#19     Aug 1, 2007
  10. Phlub

Phlub

I figured since I was actually reading this thread on my iPhone, it was appropriate to chime in.

This thing really is amazing. There has never been anything like it. Previous comments like 'it's just a phone' are about as brilliant as people saying the iPod is just an MP3 player. Just an attempt to validate shorting AAPL.

The reality of this product is that there has never been a cell phone where the design and concept were totally controlled by a great design company. They HAD to go with only one carrier (at+t) to make the features work seamlessly.

#20     Aug 1, 2007