Why in the Hell is Michael Covel infatuated with Curtis Faith?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by 4DWB, Nov 30, 2017.

1. I said I respect him for his honesty to admit that he does not trade when questioned. That doesn't mean I trust him with my money in matters of trading given that he does not trade and charges an arm and a leg to teach trading. I will certainly not pay him money to learn trading from him since he does not trade.

#51     Dec 3, 2017
  2. Visaria

Visaria

Let's say u email him to ask whether he was basically a slimeball. He replies yes. Now he is then being honest, but that doesn't mean i have any respect for him or his fucking honesty either.

#52     Dec 3, 2017
  3. 4DWB

4DWB

Ok, I think it's safe to assume that the going theory is that Covel is a fraud and a "slimeball." :)

But back to my original question: Is he (Covel) infatuated with Curtis Faith solely because Faith put out his book 2 years before Covel got a chance to and he's STILL sour about that? And that, even though Faith, as an original Turtle, had every right (specifically, MORE right than Covel) to put out such a book?

So, Covel is doing research for his Complete Turtle book...Faith obviously catches wind of this and probably says, "This guy doesn't even trade...screw him on trying to profit off of this." Faith then puts out his own book, undercutting Covel. It's easy for Faith to pump out a book fast because hey, he doesn't NEED to do research and interviews...he's lived it.

THIS is why Covel is still all butt-hurt? Even a decade later? Even though Covel can charge $3,000 to teach trading, so obviously (sarcastic), if he wanted to, he could just trend trade and make a massive fortune?

I still don't get it completely.

#53     Dec 3, 2017
  4. Visaria

Visaria

Well who knows what's in the mind of a slimeball like Covel? All I can say is you'll have to ask Covel what his motivation is in hounding a mentally unwell person.

#54     Dec 3, 2017
    4DWB and helpme_please like this.
  5. It's quite evil to hound a mentally unwell person who was kind enough to reveal the turtle rules free of charge. Covel charged thousands for teaching the trading rules but does not even trade himself.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
    #55     Dec 3, 2017
  6. 4DWB

4DWB

Lol. Okay, I'll just have to be satisfied that Covel had a man-crush on Faith and Faith turned him down.

That works for me since I doubt Covel would provide a rational answer to the question.

#56     Dec 3, 2017
  7. truetype

truetype

Why don't you ask him? He's easy to reach via his site, and he may still monitor this site (he's a former sponsor).

#57     Dec 3, 2017
  8. 4DWB

4DWB

Alright, I'll do that.

#58     Dec 3, 2017
  9. 4DWB

4DWB

Cove's on Twitter, so I just sent him this: @covel Mr. Covel: Would you please explain to me why you seem to be so infatuated with Curtis Faith? I can't get over how much of your site you dedicate to trying to tear the guy down or otherwise steer people away from him and minimize what accomplishments he may have had.

#59     Dec 3, 2017
    comagnum and Visaria like this.
  10. Yes, Faith is NOW nuts. Hence my use of the present tense. He was/is a very smart, very interesting guy. Sad for him. I'm sure this has been mentioned on here, but perhaps being "chosen" by Dennis, and succeeding (by all accounts), created or fomented some sort of complex. And now I'm out over my skis...

#60     Dec 3, 2017