Why in the Hell is Michael Covel infatuated with Curtis Faith?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by 4DWB, Nov 30, 2017.

1. comagnum

comagnum

How any trader can be down on Curtis Faith is beyond me, he may be eccentric - fairly common for someone of this caliber. Faith shared his insights on trend trading and automating a rules based approach to trading - sharing his insights at a time when there was very little trading info to be found - let alone from a trader that made millions in his early 20's trained by a legend of that era.

Faith is alive and well & sounds as sharp as ever in recent interviews.

Covel is not a trader - he is writer and a greedy little promoter trying to cash in on the Turtles legendary trading system at the expense of throwing Faith under the bus.

http://www.financemanila.advfn.com/2007/12/on-the-turtle-myth-michael-covel-vs-curtis-faith/

#31     Dec 1, 2017
  2. truetype

truetype

Speaking of Turtles -- Jerry Parker is worth following.

#32     Dec 1, 2017
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

Sharp as ever? He is supporting Taylor Swift to be President of the US and claims he has agreed to terms to take AAPL private. The guy has completely lost his mind and I actually like the guy. His mental illness is obvious and he needs help. Mentally sharp is the last thing I would describe him as.

#33     Dec 1, 2017
  4. themickey

themickey

LOL

#34     Dec 1, 2017
  5. 4DWB

4DWB

Well, in fairness, compared with the current moron-in-chief I can sort of see where Taylor Swift would look to be an improvement.

#35     Dec 1, 2017
  6. comagnum

comagnum

Sharp was referencing Faith comments only about trading, he does seem to have some issues going on, reminds me of when Charlie Sheen was smoking crack.

#36     Dec 1, 2017
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

Well....I follow his comments on trading closely both on LinkedIn and Twitter and he was telling his readers to buy all the puts they can afford because of a major announcement he was making that would crash the markets. This was not a one time post, he posted it about 50 times over the course of two years. He has been advocating for a major market crash. Anyone who followed that "trading advice" would be broke now. I really feel sorry for him.

Regarding Taylor Swift, he just said he really liked her music. He said she is the best singer of all time. LOL.

#37     Dec 1, 2017
  8. comagnum

comagnum

ohhh, I stand corrected than, I think I was looking at some interview that was older than I realized - like 5 years ago. Dang, another one bites the dust.

#38     Dec 1, 2017
  9. For sharing his turtles theory alone free of charge, the trading community owes a much deeper gratitude to Curtis Faith than to Michael Covel who tried to charge exorbitant sharing his turtles knowledge. On this aspect, Curtis Faith showed more integrity than Michael Covel. The value creation to the trading community was also greater. Trading prowess aside, Curtis Faith gets my vote for sharing his turtle theory knowledge free of charge.

Students who pay trainers like Michael Covel who charge thousands for their short courses should always ask for a proven long-term track record spanning more than 8-10 years from the trainer. Who wants to pay thousands to a teacher who can talk but not have the track record to walk the talk? This applies not only to Michael Covel but to any trainers. I am getting disgusted with these trainers after seeing so many of them throughout trading history. Seems like it is easier to become rich by teaching trading than actually trading.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
    #39     Dec 1, 2017
    comagnum likes this.
  10. Faith is nuts. Covel is slime.

#40     Dec 1, 2017