Why I'm angry at Bernanke

Discussion in 'Trading' started by detective, Sep 20, 2007.

1. FGBS

FGBS

Detective you are hilarious... If you know exactly what ben is doing, what is going to happen to the housing market, what is going to happen to saving rates and where the economy is going why not sit down and think of some way to benefit from all this knowledge as opposed to worrying about the coouple of bucks you have on your savings account.
    Ever heard of the trend is your friend? Well the trend is that average US per capita debt is rising (not a choice of the average indivdual but a choice made from above)... find someway to benefit instead of getting pissed off at the trend...
    Last point, why do you think ben did this? and which group of people do you think most influenced his decision?

#11     Sep 20, 2007
  2. LT701

LT701

there are those, who seem compelled whenever they hear a concern about anything, to accuse of 'whining', and it does seem, that you're one of them

the starter of this thread has made a very valid point, that the fed has been very cruel to the prudent

your 'remedy' of just 'buying gold' is hardly without risk, as anyone who has bought PM can tell you

#12     Sep 20, 2007
  3. Exactly that's the problem I have with these "whining threads". People love to whine but when it's up to them to make decisions to protect their assets they shy away from the potential risks or shall we say insurance premiums to be paid!

If you wish to protect your house, you buy insurance. If you wish to protect your financial assets, buy options or other derivatives to protect your assets. Blaming the evil government and central banks is so much easier but not nearly as effective.

#13     Sep 20, 2007
  4. Saudi Arabia has refused to cut interest rates in lockstep with the US Federal Reserve for the first time, signalling that the oil-rich Gulf kingdom is preparing to break the dollar currency peg in a move that risks setting off a stampede out of the dollar across the Middle East.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtml?xml=/money/2007/09/19/bcnsaudi119.xml

Boys, its only getting started, the Saudis are calling Bennie's bluff, its a start of a new trend, the guy wearing the cowboy hat has been bluffing this whole time and dumb foreigners are just catching on. Wait till the guys with the chips, China and Japan catch on, it will get nasty out there. It will have massive repercussions especially for the yen carry trade.

#14     Sep 20, 2007
  5. LT701

LT701

they know that

people are just expressing valid frustration

and you're just being a self rightious jerk

we registered about the same time last year, and your posts outnumber mine by about 3 to 1

i'd say a lot of the hot air on this site is coming from you, more than those you accuse - you're the one who needs to put a sock in it

#15     Sep 20, 2007
  6. FGBS

FGBS

So you sold the $ against the Euro, the Yen and the GBP?

#16     Sep 20, 2007
  7. Once the arguments are lacking people like you try to get personal. I am not surprised.

Go on calling people names, go on whining about central banks or "rigged markets" and "be frustrated" about government institutions. You are going to prosper.

#17     Sep 20, 2007
  8. I am short $ versus Euro and Yen. I think the Yen is the most undervalued big currency out there because of the yen carry trade.

#18     Sep 20, 2007