Why Idiots Win

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by MarkBrown, Oct 25, 2008.

1. sg20

sg20

The Politico Wrote.

...The emergence of a Palin faction comes as Republicans gird for a battle over the future of their party: Some see her as a charismatic, hawkish conservative leader with the potential, still unrealized, to cross over to attract moderate voters. Anger among Republicans who see Palin as a star and as a potential future leader has boiled over because, they say, they see other senior McCain aides preparing to blame her in the event he is defeated.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/newreply.php?action=newreply&threadid=142637&

#11     Oct 25, 2008
  2. Eddiefl

Eddiefl

bingo, somebody nailed it on the head. On one hand we got a glorified community activist, who is mildly experienced at best and happens to be the "correct" color this time around, his crayon of color is in favor this time around. On the other side is an old grump, who makes hasty decision at the drop of the hat, ( Palin) is erratic at best and probably has more probs than that.

I think Romney and Hillary would of been a wiser choice for this battle.

EF

#12     Oct 25, 2008
  3. vingbel

vingbel

I would have agreed with you two years, ago. I also liked Hillary and Romney.

But the more I saw Obama, the more I learned about him, and the more people I talked to who knew him, the more impressed I was. It's not about his color. It's about his vision. His judgement. His intellect. And his humility. As one of my friends said who campaigned with him before the Iowa win, this guy is the real deal.

Just to be clear, at the time, I thought that was bullshit. I liked Hillary, Romney, and two of the other candidates. But I did my due diligence and I changed my mind. (BTW, a quality we're going to need in leader. The ability to weigh the facts and change your mind. Imagine if McCain had corrected his fatal mistake with Palin and changed to Romney or even Hillary (now that would have been bold!) he would have showed maturity instead of bull-headedness.

I see Obama like Reagan. He might be transformative. He might rally the country. He might bring us back from the brink. That's why Republicans are supporting him in record numbers.

Or maybe, they just want someone smart, who listens and then makes a decision. Anyway, give him a chance to rebrand our country and help him. He used to use the line, "the person you've been waiting for is you." That means put aside pettiness and try to help.

Okay, now you can attack.

#13     Oct 25, 2008
  4. Eddiefl

Eddiefl

No attack, well thought out writing. I dont agree with all of it, but no reason to attack becasue it is different than my stance.

In the end, even if Obama is not completely qualified, they always surrounds them selves with very intelligent people in thier staff. ..

EF

#14     Oct 25, 2008
  5. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

obama is a crook
    mccain is a crook

have no illusions about any vision other than to fill their pockets full. see russia or mexico for example. usa the new 3rd world.

#15     Oct 25, 2008

6. To add to the above;

11) I make less than 30K a year and pay zero income taxes. Yet I worry all day about tax increases for those making 1 million a year.

12) I think the earth is 6000 years old

13) I vote for politicians based on the color of the lip stick they use

14) I worry about my neighbor sodomizing his wife, yet I have a difficult time putting food on the table for my family.

15) I worry about my neighbors teenaged daughter getting access to sex education and contraceptives at school. Yet my own teen aged daughter is pregnant with a bastard.

#16     Oct 25, 2008
  7. vingbel

vingbel

Yes, that's one of his strong points. He's not afraid to surround himself with people who are smarter than he is and who know more than him. You can bet he's going to be listening to the best ideas out there, before making a decision. And he's not going to care if the ideas come from a Republicans or Democrats.

I'm glad you're ready to give him a chance. Let's hope he rises to the occasion because we're going to need it over the next few years. Like you, I do disagree with some of his stances, but I can live with the differences if he brings our country back and back together.

#17     Oct 25, 2008
  8. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

dude wake up the rothschilds run the country.

#18     Oct 26, 2008
  9. vingbel

vingbel

Okay, I get that you're not going to be supportive of the new president now matter who he may be!

Now, rather than rant, tell me how the Rothchilds run the country?
    Do you mean that the top one percent of our country, the people who own all the wealth and who looted it from the rest of us with the help of Bush and crew, run the country?

Remember, that the world is not organized enough for a large conspiracy. Once you meet some of those people, you'll see they don't walk as one. Just like and your neighbors, friends, and peer group, they can't agree on everything.

So, if your point, is that the very, very wealthy together with corporations have the most influence on what happens to the country, you might have some takers. I'm still hoping to wrestle away the levers of powers so we can use our tax structure to rebuild the middle class and the U.S.'s infrastructure. We can become enlightened and secure or we can degenerate into a third world country with no middle class.

#19     Oct 26, 2008
  10. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

wake up take the red pill.

http://www.realjewnews.com/?p=288

http://www.rense.com/general77/POWERS.HTM

#20     Oct 26, 2008