why IB is not showing the true size?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Bob111, May 19, 2009.

1. Its little wonder no one replied though.

I'm a bit of an ib thread addict but I saw the first page and the back and forth and just thought ... "two guys jerking each other off" ... and so, sickened, closed the browser and disinfected my PC.

#11     May 20, 2009
  2. I noticed it for the first time today 5/19. I had the last bit of an order for 300 shares transmitted as SMART and routed to ARCA. The main line in TWS showed only 2 on the bid for at least 30 seconds, before changing to 3.

I'll watch for it tomorrow.

#12     May 20, 2009
  3. nassau

nassau

forgive me if I post an issue not directly related to the topic.

last few days when some of the traders have exited their futures or stock position the trade will show in the account window but the trade in some cases remains on the tws.

It only corrects itself after you have logged back in sometimes more than once.

This is crazy, how the hell is the trader to trade when half the time you are trying to figure out if indeed you have a positon?

The account window keeps freezing and giving inaccurate information, this happens ever friggin day around news announcements or 2-30 when cl closes and has margin changes.

IB, not interested in sending you any more data, print screens, etc etc just fix your stinking platform especially when you demand a mandatory upgrade.

w

#13     May 20, 2009
  4. Is it happening on all versions of TWS nassau? (I haven't noticed it on 890.6)

And what mandatory upgrade are you referrring to here?

#14     May 20, 2009
  5. FWIW, i did not see the problem today 5/20, but I also had relatively few orders today.

#15     May 20, 2009
  6. Bob111

Bob111

it's not so hard to spot..pick any stock,put ticker into TWS. instead of smart choose directed. watch the difference. according to some well respected ET members IB having this problem for years.

#16     May 20, 2009
  7. Bob111

Bob111

#17     May 20, 2009
  8. doli

doli

The size numbers are usually meaningless. A broker can show 100 at the top and can refresh its bid/ask if the 100 are taken. Its just a "look here at my left hand, while I pick your pocket with my right hand" routine. Don't believe the size.

#18     May 20, 2009
  9. Antique versions of tws then.

#19     May 20, 2009
  10. Bob111

Bob111

i.....mmmm...let's just say i disagree..read my example above...you have to unload 1000 shares on not very liquid stock..your broker shows you that there is only one buyer for 100 shares at 7.77... it is MAYBE(and it's very big maybe),like you said, hidden order with 10000 on buy side, or it may be true 100 for real. now when you shoot yours 1000 shares order to exchange-everyone will see it and believe me-they will fuck you up big time,once you expose yourself. this is only one and very important reason to see real cumulative size on bid and ask. to having ability to"estimate" the liquidity on the market when you enter AND exit..

#20     May 20, 2009