Why I won't be voting for Obama

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CaptainObvious, Nov 5, 2012.

1. There are several reasons, but these are the most important to me.
    1. It is very dangerous to have a media so far in the tank for any single candidate, whatever the party. We are now very close to having a Ministry of Truth, and that just won't do.
    2. New York, California and Illinois are going broke and will be asking for federal money by next summer to bail them out. While there is no easy solution to this, I think Romney is better qualified to address that issue.
    3. The ME will continue to spin out of control. What the current administration has passed off as some "Arab Spring" is actually a dark cold winter storm about to blanket the entire region. Obama is not qualified at all to handle what needs to be done. In fact, his foreign policy facilitates the problem.
    4. Obama has become one of the most polarizing figures in our country. I really can't fault him specifically for that. It's more the result of his lunatic supporters in the media that will counter any question or criticism with a charge of racism. He cannot and will not be able to bring congress or the country together as a result.
    5. Benghazi cover up. Just can't accept a Commander in Chief who would do such a thing.
    I fully expect Obama to win, which is all the more reason to fight the Ministry of Truth that the media has become.

2. Ricter

Ricter

If you want to fight "The Ministry of Truth" on equal footing you may want to pick up a Journalism degree.

3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Journalism...lol! Oh yeah, Captain. Learn how to spin like a pro.

No thanks, it's easy to point out the flaws in the data, because the workers at Pravda don't understand it all that much anyway. No degree required.

4. you already told us why. you are upset because obama failed to get much done so you want to elect the people who were responsible for the obstruction that kept him from getting important things done. go figure.

5. Well stated.

The only objection I would have is that i think Obama fomented much of the divisiveness and excessive partisanship himself. He has compounded it during the campaign with a distinctly unpresidential style.

I am also deeply troubled by the near constant lying from this administration. They can't be trusted on anything, and of course as you note, the media ignores it all. They have dozens of scandals that would have been front page news in a republican administration but have been hushed up.

I may not agree with all of Romney's plans, but he is a decent man of exemplary character and integrity.

6. pspr

pspr

7. I have to think that Captain, AAA, et al are perpetually disgruntled. All they do is complain and criticize, no matter who is in power. They can't even accept change or variation amongst their own, such as that of Justice Roberts. They can't forgive civil behavior by a Republican toward the President, such as that of Gov. Christie. Its as though these people are cult enforcers, always damning the outsiders and excommunicating thier own who stray.

8. Mercor

Mercor

I will not vote for Obama.
    Only because he has obstructed the Republican Congress from doing what it can do to fix the economy.

Obama and the Senate have blocked all the legislation passed from the House.

9. pspr

pspr

Including a budget for several years from Harry Reid's Senate that is required by law and has been passed in the House.

10. A few reasons I will be voting for Obama

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2011/09/the-terrorist-notches-on-obamas-belt/

Sep 30, 2011 8:08am

The Terrorist Notches on Obama’s Belt

The list of senior terrorists killed during the Obama presidency is fairly extensive.

There’s Osama bin Laden, of course, killed in May.

Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) leader Anwar al-Awlaki as of today.

Earlier this month officials confirmed that al Qaeda’s chief of Pakistan operations, Abu Hafs al-Shahri, was killed in Waziristan, Pakistan.

In August, ‘Atiyah ‘Abd al-Rahman, the deputy leader of al Qaeda was killed.

In June, one of the group’s most dangerous commanders, Ilyas Kashmiri, was killed in Pakistan. In Yemen that same month, AQAP senior operatives Ammar al-Wa’ili, Abu Ali al-Harithi, and Ali Saleh Farhan were killed. In Somalia, Al-Qa’ida in East Africa (AQEA) senior leader Harun Fazul was killed.

Administration officials also herald the recent U.S./Pakistani joint arrest of Younis al-Mauritani in Quetta.

Going back to August 2009, Tehrik e-Taliban Pakistan leader Baitullah Mahsud was killed in Pakistan.

In September of that month, Jemayah Islamiya operational planner Noordin Muhammad Top was killed in Indonesia, and AQEA planner Saleh Ali Saleh Nabhan was killed in Somalia.

Then in December 2009 in Pakistan, al Qaeda operational commanders Saleh al-Somali and ‘Abdallah Sa’id were killed.

In February 2010, in Pakistan, Taliban deputy and military commander Abdul Ghani Beradar was captured; Haqqani network commander Muhammad Haqqani was killed; and Lashkar-e Jhangvi leader Qari Zafar was killed.

In March 2010, al Qaeda operative Hussein al-Yemeni was killed in Pakistan, while senior Jemayah Islamiya operative Dulmatin - accused of being the mastermind behind the 2002 Bali bombings – was killed during a raid in Indonesia.

In April 2010, al Qaeda in Iraq leaders Abu Ayyub al-Masri and Abu Omar al-Baghdadi were killed.

In May, al Qaeda’s number three commander, Sheik Saeed al-Masri was killed.

In June 2010 in Pakistan, al Qaeda commander Hamza al-Jawfi was killed.

Remember when Rudy Giuliani warned that electing Barack Obama would mean that the U.S. played defense, not offense, against the terrorists?

If this is defense, what does offense look like?

-Jake Tapper

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0409/21156.html

Obama signed off on taking out pirates

President Barack Obama issued a standing order to use force against pirates holding an American captain hostage — including giving a Navy commander the authority to act if he believed the captain’s life was in danger, two senior defense officials said Sunday night.

Navy snipers aboard the USS Bainbridge on Sunday shot and killed three of the pirates after the Bainbridge’s commander gave the order, when a pirate was spotted aboard the lifeboat pointing an AK-47 rifle at Capt. Richard Phillips, one defense official said.

#10     Nov 5, 2012