Why I prefer EA's to Manual Trading

Discussion in 'Forex' started by ElectricSavant, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Good1,

Thought provoking post and ideas...I hope we can get a coder to make the ideal EA for the public domain here in the ET library...

Naturally, trade at your own risk and ET is simply acting as the canvas to where the art is placed and shares no responsibilty in ones trading decisions, losses or profits...

ES

#11     Jan 19, 2011
  2. Someone asked me the other day....what are your hobbies?...I had to think...

Watching TV really is not a hobby...

Eating is not a hobby...

I do like to cook and the CrockPot is a wonderful invention..but that is about all I can do...besides Bar "b" Q...

so what are my hobbies really?...

Can trading be a hobby?...My passion is trading...I work full time as I mentioned earlier so I cannot do justice to trading manually.

I do not count EA's as practicing my hobby...but finding EA's and watching them trade to see if they make a profit has consumed the little time that I have.. HeHe writing about trading on these Forums takes up the rest of time ....

But I really am not a trader now that I think about it...There are many here that have done more screen time in six months than I have in 30 years...

ES

#12     Jan 22, 2011
  3. What motivates me to start up a new EA?

1) Dreams.
    2) Available screen Real Estate.
    3) I can understand the EA.
    4) An EA that claims to work on a pair that I am not trading (EUR/USD most EA's seem to use).
    5) I am really bored one evening and I need to find a dream. Satire is not working on ET...thus I hit the Internet in search of the next multi-million dollar code shared freely for all to try.

The above reasons are the haphazard way I go about taking on an EA.

I can get real euphoric about a new EA I start...I have gotten' real good at downloading MT4 Demo platforms. I have literally downloaded hundreds of them for new EA testing.

It is so great to be able to work and glance at my screen throughout the day to see the computer busy working for me to lose money HeHe..

but I think that I may someday STUMBLE accross some settings on a free EA that actually might work for a little while.

Sometimes I find EA's and there is no explanation about how they work...what the inputs are....etc..so I try to look at the code...sometimes I get clues as to what it does. I do not like EA's that are EX4 files..

Here lately I have become better with patience. I let the EA's run longer before I shut them down...

ElectricLoserSavant

#13     Jan 28, 2011
  4. I don't understand. Why not give your money to start up entrepreneurs and be a vc. Surely that's more fulfilling way to lose money than robot trading?? Not to mention the good the $ can do on a micro level instead of giving it to a dealer to pay salaries and overhead

#14     Jan 28, 2011
  5. Because I do not have any money and I never will. I have time and dreams...

One day I will be a big man...just you wait and see.

Do not try and help me I am hopessly lost...Many have tried and I just do not have the disipline and focus needed. But isn't all of that the BS that the posters say is needed just to sound good?

ElectricBiggerLoserSavant

#15     Jan 28, 2011
  6. Time and dreams are good things

#16     Jan 28, 2011
  7. Js,

i like you. You give me hope.

ES

#17     Jan 28, 2011
  8. Thanks, and good luck!

#18     Jan 28, 2011
  9. Luck is the only way...exhaustive searching for combinations of karma (hell I do not even know how to spell the word) that will come together...

I will someday expel (as vomit) upon ET how I became successful after throwing away 30 years of knowledge and getting lucky...

Just you wait and see...

ES

#19     Jan 28, 2011
  10. cvds16

cvds16

what strikes me that you still don't get after all this time that incredible leverage (like anything over 40) and and low drawdowns just don't go together, they are like water and oil, they just won't mix ... the only way that would work if you really found the holy grale or maybe if you traded discretionary at a master level ... and no bot will ever be able to do that ... GS with all there manpower would have found this one allready long ago and rest assured it would be much more complicated than you'd ever find on the net ... so you go for the simple and the drawdowns and the 'low' leverage ... like everybody else ... I seriously doubt an EA can even trade as good as a discretionary trader but it's going to be more disciplined ... nevertheless ... garbage in, garbage out ...

#20     Jan 28, 2011