Why I might vote for Barack

Discussion in 'Politics' started by John_Wensink, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Bush isn't even the worst President in my life time let alone in history. If you're under 30 I'll give you a pass on ignorance but if you're a full fledged adult I suggest you reflect.....

#11     Sep 23, 2008
  2. There is no denying your sense of humor.

#12     Sep 23, 2008
  3. I knew Past Prime was old, but didn't know he was THAT old... :D

#13     Sep 23, 2008
  4. You're a Canadian cock sucking communist who couldn't name more than 7 U.S. Presidents without looking them up. Correct?

#14     Sep 23, 2008
  5. Yannis

Yannis

Totally agree, don't listen to these guys, they don't know about Carter or Johnson, not to mention Monica handling a key part of the Presidency right in the Oval Office ... :)

#15     Sep 23, 2008
  6. lindq

lindq

Yes, Bush is the worst. And I've seen a LOT of Presidents.

Bush squandered a fabulous opportunity that is seldom handed a President.

911 gave him an opportunity to enhance the U.S. in every possible way, internationally and domestically.

Instead, he made every possible wrong decision that could have been made at every fork in the road.

I don't need to detail the consequences.

I only regret that he can't be tarred and feathered and run out of D.C. on a mule next January.

#16     Sep 23, 2008
  7. I can name more than 7 US presidents. However, the answer is "No" to the first part of your question. Sorry to disappoint.

#17     Sep 23, 2008
  8. You're delusional if you equate post 9/11 sympathy with "fabulous opportunity." Opportunity from whom? What issues? How about SPECIFICS other than canned, vapid dailykos bullshit.

Compare Iraq-a war fought with volunteers of whom 4000 died- to Vietnam a war that killed 58,000 Americans. Compare a draft that paralyzed and frightened a generation of American youth to this all volunteer army that's a third composed by Mexican immigrants.

Compare the inflation, unemployment, blue collar job losses, crime rates, commodity price rises and flight out of urban centers in the 60's and 70's to today.

Compare inner city and Appalachian poverty to anything we see today. European and American students were regularly rioting on campuses over America's genocide of Southeast Asians and our imperialistic policies in South America. Today's public “outcry” against American aggression is limited to the leftest media. And as we speak: Canada, France and the U.K. are electing conservative governments-in some cases for the first time in decades. And in fitting tribute the Democrat nominee for President is every bit the agent for Israel as the man he hopes to replace in the White House.....

#18     Sep 23, 2008
  9. Exactly! I'd nominate Jimmy Carter. Of course, alot of these guys weren't born at that time. LOL.

OldTrader

#19     Sep 23, 2008
  10. ak15

ak15

Without a doubt. The only other individual that comes to mind is James Polk who nevertheless pales in comparison to the great Dubya.

#20     Sep 23, 2008