Why I love Obama

Discussion in 'Politics' started by misterno, Apr 10, 2010.

1. blox87

blox87 Guest

I like kool aid too

#11     Apr 10, 2010
  2. I heard of a man who answered the door in his tightie whities. The Jehovah's Witnesses never came back.:D

#12     Apr 10, 2010
  3. hayman

hayman

As a self-employed sole proprietor, my Healthcare premiums have quadrupled over the last decade, and have gone up 50 %, over the last 2 years alone. Further, when I visit the doctor I have deductibles and co-payments to deal with, on top of my monthly premiums. When I see the doctor, I spend 20 minutes in the "holding" room, and I'm lucky if I get to talk to the doc for more than 5 minutes. This happens regardless of the type of doc I see. Conclusion: SOMETHING NEEDS . TO CHANGE RADICALLY !!! I cannot comment directly on the specifics of Obama's plan, since I really don't know how it's all going to play out. But, I give him credit for trying, as he sees the need for something to be done. Bush let the system deteriorate by orders of magnitude, as he continued to placate his Insurance company supporters. I am optimistic that the Obama health "exchanges" may create competition, and force the costs down, but this is all conjecture now.

#13     Apr 10, 2010
  4. misterno, I have one question for you: Can you point to one initiative by the federal gov't that has provided a service and not raised taxes?

#14     Apr 10, 2010
  5. The internet. What you are writing and transmitting right now. It wasn't something invented by some guy in a garage, it was invented by big government, big military for collaborative research which ultimately benefited everybody.

#15     Apr 10, 2010
  6. dsss27

dsss27

7. bigpapi

bigpapi

Of course taxes are going up! But who gives a shit, are you going broke now because obama raises your taxes 3%? Point is healthcare in the us is disgusting, you won't know that unless you're "in the business" which I was in for over 5 years, I met those old people scared shitless of the insurance companies and having to beg for prescriptions or bend over for the carriers so they won't have their benefits taken away. Stop watching fox news and do your own research go and visit those public hospitals or swing by an extended care home and talk to the people there, they'll tell you what realy is going on.

#17     Apr 10, 2010
  8. pspr

pspr

The problem is, from what I have read, that the healthcare bill that was passed does noting to improve healthcare nor lower premiums. It merely burdens the state's medicaid costs by 30 million new enrollees, tries to force young people into health insurance plans they don't want, screws any company with more than 50 employees (which of course is passed on to, employees, customers and investors) and creates another huge government bureaucracy we'll have to pay for. Nothing the government gets involved with works efficiently nor contains costs. We will be sorry if this healthcare bill isn't repealed in it's majority and more sane ideas instituted.

Do you remember how just weeks before the healtcare vote insurance companies were raising rates? Why do you think that was? Were they trying to defeat the legislation by throwing gas on the fire? No - remember they worked with Obama on this legislation. They see big dollar signs from the passage of ObamaCare. We're all screwed under this bill. (of course unions got the best deals for their members in the bill)

As for the Internet, it was started by some scientists then the military thought it might be a way to store and transfer sensitive data and they expanded it. It didn't become any thing like we know today until universities and communications corporations got involved. Its free enterprise that grew the Internet in-spite of government.

#18     Apr 10, 2010
  9. bigpapi

bigpapi

What are you so afraid of? You think this gvt. is out to screw people out of their medical benefits and kill old people? No it's a plan although it won't be a perfect one it will kick these insurance co's in the nuts, that will open up more reforms, u have to trust the government is not out there to kill you or make your life miserable unless you're a conspiracy theorist or watch too much fox news, realy go out and talk to middle class old people and just ask them about their current coverage and the crap they go through for any small thing I guarantee you will sing a different tune

QUOTE]Quote from pspr:

The problem is, from what I have read, that the healthcare bill that was passed does noting to improve healthcare nor lower premiums. It merely burdens the state's medicaid costs by 30 million new enrollees, tries to force young people into health insurance plans they don't want, screws any company with more than 50 employees (which of course is passed on to, employees, customers and investors) and creates another huge government bureaucracy we'll have to pay for. Nothing the government gets involved with works efficiently nor contains costs. We will be sorry if this healthcare bill isn't repealed in it's majority and more sane ideas instituted.

Do you remember how just weeks before the healtcare vote insurance companies were raising rates? Why do you think that was? Were they trying to defeat the legislation by throwing gas on the fire? No - remember they worked with Obama on this legislation. They see big dollar signs from the passage of ObamaCare. We're all screwed under this bill. (of course unions got the best deals for their members in the bill)

As for the Internet, it was started by some scientists then the military thought it might be a way to store and transfer sensitive data and they expanded it. It didn't become any thing like we know today until universities and communications corporations got involved. Its free enterprise that grew the Internet in-spite of government.
    [/QUOTE]

#19     Apr 10, 2010
  10. pspr

pspr

Your delusional. This bill solves none of the problems you mention but creates many new ones.

[/QUOTE]

#20     Apr 10, 2010