Why I like precious metals

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by John_Doe, May 7, 2011.

1. John_Doe

John_Doe

With the devaluation of the U.S. Dollar - cash is king until it is valued as monopoly money. I don't know how long this will last or what it means for the future, all I know is that the fed has never made a decision that benefited the common people neither accidentally nor unintentionally. Looking to hedge against that I looked into the market for the what's left and still rising. Precious metals is gaining momentum and it makes sense because during uncertain times money is a great storage of wealth, because it is scarce, divisible, portable, and durable.

Now precious metals isn't the only thing to invest in to prepare for an uncertain but grim future. But looking at the topics here the only two topics are mentioned extensively that would buying precious metals and supporting Ron Paul. With the phasing out of some of the decisions the fed made in the past fundamentals might change but I'm still pessimistic about the market future as the core of the problem is that the crowd isn't behaving as expected of them as demanded of them by the economic models the fed uses as policy. So when there is a tug-o-war, if the fed can't be trusted then in gold we trust as even Ron Paul trusts in gold.