why I don't like fat people

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by blackjack007, Aug 7, 2007.

do you symphasize with fat people

1. i sympathize with them

14 vote(s)
    29.2%
  2. i dislike them, they should eat less

34 vote(s)
    70.8%
  1. You know why they classify it as a disease, same as classifying alcoholism a disease? People have been conditioned to think "Oh I have a disease, I can be cured!! There is hope!!!" It is warm and fuzzy to have a disease, people will sympathize, help you with your struggle, the righteous fight against "disease" and the outcome is a cure.

It's so much more sensitive than the truth: You fat fuck, you're hopeless and that goes for you, you.. you fucking drunk.

#21     Aug 7, 2007
  2. Good God...you people are all chumps for flying coach.

#22     Aug 7, 2007
  3. slacker

slacker

Being Unhealthy Could Cost You -- Money
    Thursday August 2, 8:08 am ET
    By Jena McGregor

For employees at Clarian Health, feeling the burn of trying to lose weight will take on new meaning.

In late June, the Indianapolis-based hospital system announced that starting in 2009, it will fine employees $10 per paycheck if their body mass index (BMI, a ratio of height to weight that measures body fat) is over 30. If their cholesterol, blood pressure, and glucose levels are too high, they'll be charged $5 for each standard they don't meet. Ditto if they smoke: Starting next year, they'll be charged another $5 in each check.

====
    http://biz.yahoo.com/bizwk/070802/aug2007db2007081804238.html?.v=1&.pf=insurance

Seems like a good start...

#23     Aug 7, 2007
  4. I've been waiting for the insurance cos to start rating policies on BMI. Everyone is going to be fked.

#24     Aug 7, 2007
  5. opm8

opm8

BMI is a moronic measure of health. Sure it'll pick off all the fatties but it doesn't take into account muscularity. If you work out and gain some muscle you'll end up weighing "too much" for your height. All this despite that you can bench 300 for reps and are on the opposite spectrum of health from all the loser couch potatoes that surround you.

opm8

#25     Aug 7, 2007
  6. Nordic

Nordic

Really? You eat what your metabolism dictates, you learn to eat the right amounts. If your amount is really small because of your metabolism you eat nutrient dense foods..

Genetics, metabolism, psychology... it's bullshit. The medical profession is bullshit really, we have 200 million overweight people in the US and they are saying "it's genetic". Bullshit, it's gluttony combined with a lack of health knowledge... [/B][/QUOTE]

Agreed,

What's genetic about sitting your fat lazy ass on the couch all day inhaling crispy cremes.

And another thing: Quit giving these fat lazy gluttons handicapped parking cards. Being a lazy fat fuck does not qualify as being handicapped.

OK, I needed to vent that. :)

#26     Aug 8, 2007
  7. ElCubano

ElCubano

3 times more obesity now than lets say 20-30 years ago...according to a piece of a program i caught on TV last night.

#27     Aug 8, 2007
  8. ElCubano

ElCubano

this is not necessarily true..... a good physique doesn't necessarily = good health....hell there are overweight people with great digestive systems that are healthier than a guy with a ripped toned body....its all about how well ur digestive system is breaking it all down...and by putting junk into ur system you are working against optimal digestion...

#28     Aug 8, 2007
  9. I'd like to add one more comment about fat kids. Some of them get fat for the "power" of being big. The next step, of course, is other kids have to get fat, bulk up, so they don't look so "easy" and have some power too. Bubble coats are very popular, they make you look even larger than you are. If your peers are 260 and you weigh in at 200, you'll never convince the kid they are overwieght, they'll tell you they are skinny.

Tell an overwieght kid they need go on a diet, they feel "Oh, nobody likes me" then you have a self-esteem issue. "Can't you like me the way I am?" "Yes, but your breaking all my furniture".

#29     Aug 8, 2007
  10. maxpi

maxpi

Psyllium fiber is the cure for most health problems over time. It feeds the good bacteria needed in the colon and it is a fiber, the problem is getting it down, it does not absorb into water and if you get the dry stuff in your throat it can swell up and choke you. This is too cool, what I found recently while reading ingredient lists at the supermarket.. [I do that a lot, it was a 20 year epic political struggle to make these bastard manufacturers put the list on the package, that info came dear, thank you USA marxists for at least something].. and I see that there are two varities of All Bran and one has psyllium fiber as an ingredient. You grab a box of that stuff and some cultured yogurt [no, not the shit with the sugar in it you see advertised on tv], and that's it, digestive health, well at least along towards the end of the digestive chain, without a supplement, comes right out of your normal food budget too.

Health Sciences Institute announced a finding by a doctor in Mexico that 99% of cancer patients are constipated!! So likely the All Bran is going to "relieve" people's minds...

#30     Aug 8, 2007