Why I Don't Believe in TA

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by marketsurfer, Feb 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This guy has been following me around for months, posting sometimes within seconds of me, never providing anything of value. A serious doppelganger.

surf

#41     Feb 9, 2013
  2. "Quality content" now that's questionable. :p heh

Kidding aside, you are link building, which is an SEO tactic, and it's also common for bloggers to build SEO first then monetize later once there's traffic to game. Not saying that's what you're doing, but it's far more common to see people appearing innocent before turning commercial than truly being innocent.

You don't post the content, you post a snippet, usually a preview designed to perk interest and requires the reader to click through to your site to get the important/interesting bits.

If it was more of an abstract to full press release style of linking, where the core of the message and interesting parts were presented first, leaving the option to see "full press release" by clicking through as an option that wasn't required to appreciate the message itself, then I wouldn't have a problem with this.

I'm not trying to butt in, whatever history you and that other poster has is not related to me directly, and I'm not taking his side... I'm just calling it as I see it.

#42     Feb 9, 2013
  3. Eyez

Eyez

yep couldn't have said it better myself. Why does this guy keep creating these anti-TA threads? Why does this topic need to be discussed on multiple threads where surfer is OP? Makes 0 sense

Everyone should realize he is NOT a trader, he is actually 1-step away from trying to teach his "price driver" method for subscription/money. (is in the marketer stage now)

Ok surfer, forget TA, I think price drivers are the new age thing now. So now what? (awaits a sales pitch)

quick everyone, drop your "TA" methods that you've been using for years to pay your bills and give all your unwarranted attention to surfer.

#43     Feb 9, 2013
  4. Sort of a sentiment indicator...I see...

You are a good man,i hope you`ll do well with it.

#44     Feb 9, 2013
  5. I guess we are all looking for something according to our laziness.

LOL...

#45     Feb 9, 2013
  6. When I post on ET during the week, it's when I'm in between trades. When I start getting data that shows alignment on the time frames I use, I put all my focus into trade execution. As many people have pointed out to you in the past, active daytrading is NOT conducive to live calls. As I've pointed out to you in the past as well, I have no interest in posting live calls anyways. Live calls are for noobs trying to hone their skills and keep a journal as a reference (and also to get advice), a pro trader who isn't daytrading and has the time to post swing calls AND a trader who is looking to build a track record for possible exposure. I'm NONE of those people.

And, the word "value" is a relative term. You don't find value in TA so any TA talk or examples of TA trades I or others provide, you say are worthless. That's your opinion. I can equally say you provide me no value because nothing you have posted that I've seen has helped me in any way shape or form. Your price drivers journal is solely a selfish endeavor for you, as you aren't trying to help anyone learn to trade. It's totally a "look at me" exercise. So please, don't act like such a righteous and benevolent participant here.

PS I average less than 2.5 posts per day, not exactly spending ALL my time following you around.

#46     Feb 9, 2013
  7. Hi market surfer.

I wouldn't rule out the possibility that T/A can't alone be profitable.

If you have been in the game for long enough you have to know that there are traders turning profits on T/A alone.

A stock chart is simply human fear and greed. The moves that are made are repetitive and are based on human psycology. Unfortunately this will not change any faster then we evolve.

I do understand however that actually trading real time it does not seem to work the same way. It does though. Being in the moment has a different feel then backtesting charts but that does't mean that the setups in the future aren't going to be similar to the setups in the past. I can look at last weeks performances in stocks and the setups all worked fine to the degree they have in the past.

I enter trades the exact same way with different exits and R/Rs in different markets.

I think the main reason traders may have problems with T/A are exits.

A trader may enter on a good set up but does not no how to manage the trade. Greed may come into play and traders may hold to long or vice versa sell to soon. Of course these factors are relative to your risk. Usually when a support level or resistance level is broken there is a break in the stock. It may be a false breakout. Not sure what the percentages are of false breakouts vrs true breakouts. I will say however that knowing when to get out of a false breakout may be the difference between being a profitable trader and a struggling trader. Exits are the determining factors of gains and losses. Knowing when I'm wrong soon enough to not offset my winning positions is how i trade.

Basically i focus on risk. Since i hold for 2 to 3 days. If the stock performs well the first day i enter theres a great chance of hitting my take profit. Sometimes it does the first day. If the stock ends up lower then 50% of the low and high of the day theres a good chance that the stock will not hit my take profit. If i am trading options i will exit that day if i am trading the stock i will have a stop placed below the previous days support if long. Minimizing risk daily on trades that have not moved the way you expected is key. Now the trades that i get right 80% of the time usually take off with no hesitation. So my edge is understanding the probabilities of the trade that i am in by watching how it acts within an x amount of time that i have entered. I can careless about the trades that work I always more concerned about protecting my 100%.

When i sell for a profit it is usually when others are still entering in the same direction. I have a knack for good entries as a lot of traders do. The difference is i know what my set up is worth 60% of the time relative to the risk that i am willing to take. The first step to me is setting a stoploss in a smart area and moulding a probable take proifit around the risk i am willing to take. If the R/R is not reasonable i will not take the trade.

As i have been consistently profitable with T/A alone i have to disagree because the facts are in my profitability on a consistant
    basis.

#47     Feb 9, 2013
  8. Daring

Daring

This surfer guy is like a woman seeking attention, except at least a woman has a lot more to offer than just busting balls.

I'm done with this idiot forever.

2nd douchebag in my ignore list, 1st was Jack Hershey

#48     Feb 9, 2013
  9. And everyone of those posts is in response to something I wrote or commented on-- in fact, the record shows you post about 2 for everyone of mine:

marketsurfer Total Posts: 4089 (1.03 posts per day)

You must be itching to get banned again.

surf

:p

#49     Feb 9, 2013
  10. Thanks, same to you!

surf

#50     Feb 9, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.