Why I Don't Believe in TA

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by marketsurfer, Feb 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daring

Daring

Why do you act like a bull dog when someone trades using TA?

I do agree that classic TA is useless but there's a world out there of TA that is very rarely discussed in public boards, if at all, that happens to be extremely effective.

I think what you are doing on this board is fishing for info, trying to see if someone with good knowledge spills the beans due to aggravation.

It won't be me, that's for sure.

#21     Feb 9, 2013
  2. rknas

rknas

Indicators are lagging price. Try learning pure price action based TA - Trend Lines, Channels, Support/Resistance and see if your opinion changes.

#22     Feb 9, 2013
  3. NoDoji

NoDoji

Lucky streak, nothing to do with TA.

And if you're on the wrong side of the move that your Price Drivers predict, your bowels are what move (sometimes explosively). Price is definitely the cause. :p

Pumpin' this baby again, eh? I'm guessing ET must have a "Dark Pool" level of sponsorship of which you are part :D

#23     Feb 9, 2013
  4. NoDoji

NoDoji

Only 5% of traders can learn to master this. Thankfully there are indicators for the other 95% :D

#24     Feb 9, 2013
  5. rknas

rknas

LOL :D

#25     Feb 9, 2013
  6. Both classic TA believers ('everything is in the price') and Surf ('prices are only an effect') are wrong.

Or, to be more specific: Their assumptions are incomplete.

Because prices are cause AND effect.

If one believes that they are only cause OR only effect, he is missing half of the picture.

#26     Feb 9, 2013
  7. Daring

Daring

No argument with price action.

However, an even smaller number should be used for those using indicators correctly in conjunction with price action; applicable to everyone ditching indicators as useful, including yourself.

:)

#27     Feb 9, 2013
  8. Quite the schtick OP. Differentiate from the crowd, repeat your b.s. Price Drivers mantra non fuking stop (old psychology trick) and honk your 'services' after a correct market call or two. Scary to think there are dumb enough people out there to fall for it.

#28     Feb 9, 2013
  9. Daring

Daring

+1

EDIT: While not playing a cent in sponsorship

#29     Feb 9, 2013
  10. Sorry guy, but "pure price action" is a function of p(t-1), so it lags price as well. And so do trend lines, channels, S/R, etc.

Those are indicators, just another sort (extrapolations). If you are reacting to changes in volume, bid/ask spread, etc.. you are still extrapolating t-1 ....

#30     Feb 9, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.