Why hosting right wing extremism and those who spread hate on a daily basis?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by conduit, Jul 27, 2016.

1. conduit

conduit

Baron,

Why are you tolerating right wing extremism? Free speech is one thing but there are now numerous individuals on your website who falsify facts, link to dead sources or unrelated sources, and alter the truth in ways to serve their fascist agenda. It goes as far as claiming women were raped, the falsification of video material, used as evidence against police overreach and numerous other acts.

Freedom of speech should not be guaranteed when the truth is perverted and individuals look to spread hated towards others whom they accuse of crimes not committed. When will this stop? It happens every single day in the politics forums. Are you still looking to run a trading related website or is this a new breeding ground for Nazis and those who want to hate? If you look at many individuals in those politics forums, especially those with an extremist right wing agenda, you will find that such individuals hardly ever contributed or posted anything trading related.

I laud your business enthusiasm but I would say shame on you if you favor click counts and ad dollars over limiting free wheeling extremism and hate speech. I do not think it is an excuse to close your eyes to extremism and hate speech by arguing that trading related and politics forums are divided and hence it does not matter.

Can you at least consider whether you knowingly continue to tolerate the spreading of hate and falsifying of facts or whether something can potentially be done about that? I think it would be important for your users to know as they also have a right to make up their mind whether this site is still a place they feel comfortable spending part of their free time.

Frederick Foresight likes this.
  2. Asking for help...

While I understand and hate every aspect of "Leftism" (Obama, Hillary, US Democrap party, etc.), I don't actually know what "Right Wingism" is. I believe it's got something to do with religion and abortion... but what about beyond that?

Just because I HATE THE LEFT AND EVERYTHING IT STANDS FOR... does that make me a "right winger"...?

Can anyone enlighten me??

Gameboy likes this.
  3. Jeez conduit you sound like a recent college grad in search of "safe spaces" and "trigger warnings"

Clubber Lang, Tom B, traderob and 2 others like this.
  4. Magna

Magna Administrator

Not that many years ago liberals used to fight for free speech (see the "Free Speech Movement" founded at Berkeley in 1964-65). Now when they don't like what someone else says they try to shut it down, support arresting them, block speakers on college campuses, ban people on twitter, restrict news articles on Facebook, etc.

The P&R forum is for the free discussion of ideas, some you will like, some you will not. There are right-leaning views by various members and there are left-leaning views by others (such as yourself, futurecurrents, Ricter, Frederick Foresight, Nine_Ender, nitro, trendlover, etc). Rather than try to stop people from posting who disagree with you it would be better if you followed the admonition in the description of the P&R forum:
    Not for the faint of heart. If you are easily offended, stay away from this forum!

On July 11 you posted this:
    Since that date just over 2 weeks ago you have made an astounding 161 posts in the P&R forum! So if you are easily offended, and you seem to be by your selective complaints, it's best that you stay away from there.

i960, Clubber Lang, Tom B and 4 others like this.
  5. Conduit is a colossal wind up doll...

These hyper sensitive trolls (Nine_Ender and Conduit) complain to the mods, threaten lawsuits, suggest logging users accounts, etc...simply because people vehemently disagree with their leftist politics and rhetoric...As Magna alluded to, these people are not liberals, they are authoritarian wannabe's with a bloodthirst to kill free speech and promote their radical agendas's...

I say f' them and the horse they rode in on.

Clubber Lang, Tom B and Max E. like this.
  6. Ditch

Ditch

That guy isn't serious, he is just looking for attention.

7. conduit

conduit

Perhaps you wanted to misunderstand? It is not about a discussion and whether I or others agree with certain points. It is about the deliberate falsification of the truth in order to promote hatred towards other races, religions, and ethnicities. You do understand what libel is? If I falsify facts and present you in the public as a child rapists and you lose your job and other privileges in society as a result am I protected by the freedom of speech? Certainly not. It seems very convenient that you don't seem to want to apply this concept to a larger group of people but allow Nazis and racists to realm freely on this website.

And you seem to take sides here which is even more shocking. Show me a single post where futurecurrents, Ricter, Frederick Foresight, Nine_Ender, nitro, trend lover deliberately supported lies and fabrications for the purpose of promoting hatred towards races and religion. It is hypocritical that you talk on one hand about freedom of speech but on the other hand you knowingly support the spreading of hate based on religious and racial grounds.

Re post count, thank you for reminding me that I have spent way too much time in those hate forums to speak against the deliberate falsification of truth and facts. You then also noted that most every of my posts targeted those who spread lies with the intent to promote hatred towards other races and religions.

It's an insult and outright ridiculous of you suggesting I am easily offended. I have taken a lot of banter in those forums and never had an issue with that. You going ballistic in one post here rather points the fingers at you being a little dramatic.

Maybe you could take a second after you cooled down your hot head and consider the bigger picture here. You are getting paid because your boss is earning ad dollars. I am not sure whether your advertisers appreciated ifthe balance of posts shifted even further towards hate threads that are utterly unrelated to trading. Maybe time to find more right leaning target advertisers perhaps?

Frederick Foresight likes this.
  8. conduit

conduit

Why are you generalizing? I never threatened law suits, for what purpose. Nor have I ever talked about logging any accounts. I wonder on the other hand why you feel addressed when I merely talked about threads and users who promote hate. Your name was never mentioned and i never considered you in the remotest. I accept different leanings and orientations, whether political or otherwise. What I find stinks is the deliberate fabrication of lies to promote racist agendas. If only lies lead one to a goal then I would say trash the goal.

9. marsman

marsman

Facebook has been sued for tolerating the spreading of hate speech:

fb_sued.png

10. conduit

conduit

Many sites such as Facebook, Twitter, yes even Amazon on its product review pages, among many other sites, are actively filtering out and deleting content that clearly only has one intent: promoting hate and racism, especially when it is based on lies. Nothing new. But Magna seems to see this very differently.

#10     Jul 27, 2016