why haven't Russian hackers solved the stockmarket yet?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by IronFist, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Russian hackers are amazing at everything. How have they not built a system to make money yet?

2. JackRab

JackRab

It's likely easier to make money hacking the masses of dumb people than building algorithms to make money in the micro and macro world of economics and finance.

Some probably have got some altcoins running... that seems to be a perfect ATM at the moment...

3. United Traders, maybe.They do per annum similar to Jim Simons of the Renaissance.

4. The stock market would be the Holy Grail, Ultimate hack for hackers to accomplish. I must imagine, o_O
    Or better yet, just hack banks. Make pennies disappear, no one will notice. or just invent pennies.

They already messed with the US recent Presidential election polls.

All technology to me is basically alien language. I have the mindset and awareness of a 70yr old lady.
    I stopped following technology and modern movies and music and PC games after the early/mid 2000's.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  5. ironchef

ironchef

How do you know they haven't?

zdreg and lovethetrade like this.
  6. JackRab

JackRab

Are you implying the FED is actually made out of Russian Hackers????? :wtf:

Hmm... maybe I'm just jumping to conclusions :sneaky:

DeltaRisk likes this.
  7. DeltaRisk

DeltaRisk

Because, Russians are not adept to understand high finance. Duh

And it isn't America they should be hacking in the first place, all of the power is in London and all of the money is in Switzerland. No big surprise there.

8. birzos

birzos

Because the markets, and human nature, are perfected to break algos via contextual anomalies.

9. Xela

Xela

Maybe the interbank market's a bit more appealing and attractive to them?

10. Pekelo

Pekelo

I agree, they probably doing it. What I would do is hacking brokers and backing highly profitable traders. Brokers are not allowed to do that and they make enough from commissions, but hackers, they can back anyone they want. They have other ways they can take advantage of knowing the order flow...

#10     Sep 7, 2017