Why have you not made it as a trader yet?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by orbit23, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Haha, fortunately still positive avg/median pnl for now. Edit: for November. Real money ofc.

upload_2019-12-2_13-58-18.png

Edit: pay no attention to the 7 day losing trade, that one was flat, normally I only hold for 1/2 days max.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
    #21     Dec 2, 2019
  2. ironchef

ironchef

#22     Dec 2, 2019
    nooby_mcnoob likes this.
  3. ironchef

ironchef

#23     Dec 2, 2019
    .sigma likes this.
  4. I consider a fake edge to be when a trader believes they have an edge but has only backtested their strategy under limited conditions (example having a strategy that they’ve only tested in bull market scenarios when you could almost throw a dart at a list of equities and pick a winner).

Its not really an edge at all.

#24     Dec 2, 2019
  5. drcruz

drcruz

It's like a surfer riding a wave. Does a surfer have edge or does he just enjoy the ride?

#25     Dec 2, 2019
    remogul92 likes this.
  6. Congrats to you drcruz and good work.

Would you say that finding a trading style that fits your personality and back testing to gain experience and confidence in how you trade was the ultimate turning point?

#26     Dec 3, 2019
    drcruz likes this.
  7. drcruz

drcruz

SML, YES. I actually stayed in 2011 over and over again, until I dialed in what I liked. Even then I hired the system developer as a coach for a little more pointers. Then when I went live in mid-2019 and got stopped out, I tweaked the system a little more (make less risky). It's an OTM BWB Options strategy from Trading Dominion. I made the trade too delta positive and therefore is WAY too sensitive to changes in Vega. I shifted it to be closer to delta neutral.

I'm still testing. I have to finish 2018, go through 2019 and 2008 and 2009

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
    #27     Dec 3, 2019
  8. toby400

toby400

I spend too much time on threads such !

#28     Dec 5, 2019
    remogul92 likes this.
  9. because I need capital to operate micro futures

I have my strategy developed, based on fractals, divergences and high volumes
    with a profitable 40% - 50%

but here in Latin America it is very difficult to get dollars

#29     Dec 7, 2019
  10. it because many traders see that they an make 10% in their trading account with one trade say $2000 profit in a day with $20,000 account they think they can make or double their money in 10 days, well due to the risk of high leverag to obtain $2000 from 20,000 account in one day you risking a lot for a very little. and then there are traders who want to double their account in three days. you know than it become las vegas poker table. not trading anymore.

#30     Dec 7, 2019
    drcruz likes this.