Why have my posts been deleted?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by hughb, Mar 4, 2010.

1. nkhoi

nkhoi

f you feel so strongly about it, please re-post.

#11     Mar 11, 2010
  2. hughb

hughb

I don't feel strongly about the post, I feel strongly about piss poor moderation. Any mod who deletes a post that simply asks why other posts are being deleted should not be moderating a board, you could have just answered the question rather than hide behind your moderating powers to delete and this thread never would have been posted. Message boards are for facilitating communication, and you delete posts of mine because you believe them to be anti-jack, which they aren't, nor are they cut n pastes of some psycho who is. You shouldn't be moderating a board to protect and propagate your own personal opinions of jack. I follow the terms of use of this board, you should too.

#12     Mar 11, 2010
  3. nkhoi

nkhoi

now we get to somewhere you said "and you delete posts of mine because you believe them to be anti-jack, " that is why I said jason's and coolweb's posts are there, they also made fun of jack too. So now you understand why i mentioned jason and coolweb posts in the first place.

#13     Mar 11, 2010
  4. kut2k2

kut2k2

Evidently Jack Hershey is a protected sacred cow in this website. :eek:

A while back I tried to get some posts (not JH related) deleted and received a rather nasty reply from a moderator:

"Sorry, problem is all your posts below have been quoted. Not sure why you now want them removed but probably best in the future if you think things through before making a post."

But now I go to the following thread to which I KNOW I posted at least four times, and most of my posts were quoted.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=256404

As you can see, ALL of my posts have been deleted from this thread, although mysteriously one reply from Jack Hershey's perennial sockpuppet 'frenchfry' is left behind.

So I can't get my own posts deleted just because they were quoted, but somebody else can get my posts deleted even though they were quoted. Btw I did not use any profanity in my posts.

As George Orwell pointed out in Animal Farm, All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others. :mad:

Would love to get an explanation for why Jack Hershey gets special treatment like this.

Better yet, give us all the power to delete our own posts regardless of replies, just like forum members have at most other websites.

#14     Dec 25, 2013
  5. Magna

Magna Administrator

Jack is not a "protected sacred cow" and he would be the first to tell you that as many of his posts have been removed over the years. With that said he does offer value and tries to help a lot of people. You obviously don't like Jack as noted by many comments you've made including this post from just yesterday:

As to you getting different responses/actions that happens with different people overseeing things, same as you might get treated somewhat differently by different cops in the same police force in the same town. It happens, people are not robots and respond differently, get over it.

You send out a lot of Complains. Also a fair amount of PM's (below are from a 2-month stretch a few months ago). Most are addressed to your satisfaction. Some are not. As to removing your own posts you have a 30-minute window to do so, and beyond that you will need to get the assistance of a mod. Some may not want to because your posts have been quoted, others may not notice that and will delete them for you. Again, it happens, and your best approach to these things is to carefully consider what you have to say before posting it.

#15     Dec 25, 2013
  6. kut2k2

kut2k2

You still haven't explained why my posts to the Ramanujan thread were removed. Apparently your justification is that different cops decide how they will selectively enforce or twist the rules. Yeah, that's the problem, not a justification.

And restating the fact that we only have 30 minutes to delete a post doesn't change my point that it shouldn't be that way. As long as ET is undergoing a make-over, allowing members to delete their own posts at any time should be on the table. Perhaps Baron should be the person replying to this post.

P.S. most of my "complaints" are requests to have threads relocated to a more fitting forum. Kinda puts a whole different perspective on the word "complaint".

#16     Dec 25, 2013
  7. It is not a secret that this forum's owners/moderators delete posts that are not welcomed by ET sponsors on frequent basis. They pay for getting posts deleted and for getting user accounts closed. It is a well-known censoring forum. So yes, there are protected sacred cows indeed contrary to whatever mod denies in regards to that fact.

#17     Dec 25, 2013
  8. Magna

Magna Administrator

And yet we keep letting you come back with new aliases. :eek:

#18     Dec 25, 2013
  9. Even if I would have a new alias and then combining it with your genius comment makes you and your confirmed practices looking quite ridiculous.

#19     Dec 25, 2013
  10. Magna

Magna Administrator

I was trying to cut you a little slack but in this latest alias you couldn't help yourself once again. That can only mean badabing has gone badaboom.

#20     Dec 25, 2013