Why has Landis82 not been banned for his racist comments.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by drjekyllus, Dec 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ak15

ak15

Sorry, it has everything to do with political bias. If he bullies users, they have the right to retaliate. I, personally, don't consider his remarks to be racist. He may have taunted others but that's not being racist. It is up to the people in charge, to decide who they want removed and vice versa. The mere fact that Landis asks for somebody's removal is not cause for their being banned.
    This is merely my opinion. The administration knows best what to do in such situations.

#41     Dec 22, 2009
  2. Good point. However, according to Dr. J, he has made it personal, which is even more reprehensible. The email would not bother me, but others may become offended more easily. To the gallows with edomite.

#42     Dec 22, 2009
  3. If he bullies users via PM then he has crossed the line, i have no problem with his opinion coming out in public, but when he makes racial attacks such as "go back to where you came from," and constantly tries to belittle people through PM based on post history or whether they trade for a living then he has crossed the line.

What do you think a new person to this site would think if they saw posts along these lines?

I guarantee they would be far less inclined to post any questions regarding trading if they saw these kinds of attacks, and these are the users this site thrives off of. Do you really think that me and a bunch of the other profitable traders coming here to talk and exchange strategies amongst ourselves is what makes this site profitable?

I have never in my time here went to any of these advertisers to learn anything, nor have i ever participated in buying/rating books, i am fairly well established in what i do here and dont come here for guidance on the tools i need, however the people that advertisers are after are not people like me, and Landis is the type of person who drives people who want to learn away from this site.

#43     Dec 22, 2009
  4. #44     Dec 22, 2009
  5. My mistake. I had thought your quoting of me was referring to that.

#45     Dec 22, 2009
  6. Anyone registered under one year should have no posting rights. Way too many newpies who live in the P&R and Feedback Forums.

#46     Dec 22, 2009
  7. Perhaps under your rule we should also take away those fundamental rights from people new to this country.... I am sure i would face no opposition from you to this concept....

#47     Dec 22, 2009

8. LOL. Would that include multiple alias personalities such as the ol' mainstay Dogfly?

#48     Dec 22, 2009
  9. Landis is smart, and I think his posts are educational. For example this question he answer for another poster. And many more educational posts from Landis.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote from jedwards:

If GS controls 25% of the daily volume with its program trading, how does it avoid trading with itself? If it does trade with itself, it could move the markets without any cost to itself.

Are they explicitly disallowed from trading with itself, or is it allowed? I would think it would be illegal, but who knows with the SEC these days.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from Landis:

You need to understand that there are two categories of program trading . . . one that a broker does in executing trades for a mutual fund or customer which are called "Agency" trades, and the other in which the trades are done as a "Principal".

Most of your program trading investment banks are executing orders strictly as an "agent" for their customer.

However, their are firms like Deutsche Bank, Morgan Stanley, Goldman, etc. that also "make a market" in the indexes and take the other side of the customer's order. This is a "Principal" trade and is what is done to facilitate an order for a customer.

The equity derivatives desk where most of these program trades occur then plays "hot potato" with the other side of the customer order by either immediately unwinding the new position that the desk took on, or they hedge it via futures and options.

This has been going on for years.
    Nothing new.

There is also stock-index arbitrage that is done via computers with baskets of stock being bought/sold simultaneously with the S&P futures. This can also be done for customer account, or also for the proprietary account of the investment bank's equity derivative desk.

Hope this helps.

#49     Dec 22, 2009
  10. More racism being posted WTF is this site coming to??? All this asshole kut2k2 posts is garbage..... So now he is allowed to insult not only Malaysians but cubans and koreans as well? why is this stuff allowed to continue???

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2680277#post2680277

#50     Dec 22, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.