Why has Landis82 not been banned for his racist comments.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by drjekyllus, Dec 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sounds like Landis has been walking a tightrope for quite some time according to these two. To the gallows just as "dirty edomite".

#21     Dec 22, 2009
  2. So would telling Barack Obama to "go back where he came from" be a racist statement?

I want to know what the standard is.

#22     Dec 22, 2009
  3. I would agree. But that, unfortunately is beyond my simple moderation abilities.

#23     Dec 22, 2009
  4. You should send a PM to Joe and Baron and copy those PMs.

#24     Dec 22, 2009
  5. Exactly and this is the problem some users have been banned for what other users consider racist, Landis has played this card many times himself, i would love to see the drubbing he would take if he said something along the lines of "go back to where you came from" to someone of foreign ethnicity at a DNC convention.

I dont understand why mods have drawn a line in the sand where this kind of stuff is appropriate for some users and not for others. I would have no problem if you either let it go one way or another but there have been many users banned for anti semitical views, as well as for views about blacks however it seems to be tolerable towards muslims and, apparently people of Malay ethnicity in this case.

#25     Dec 22, 2009
  6. It is becoming apparent to some posters that certain ones snap their fingers and the moderators come running to do their bidding. The question being raised is one of fairness and consistency as the post above implies.

#26     Dec 22, 2009
  7. exactly.

#27     Dec 22, 2009
  8. Honestly, it's not showing favoritism. I honestly don't think the comments you posted are racist. If I saw something he made that was racist, I would act. If there is another comment out there you think is worse, please feel free to PM me.

There's no way to please everyone, and there never will be.

#28     Dec 22, 2009
  9. Is there no victim hotline you can call?

#29     Dec 22, 2009
  10. Comparing Landis with the late "dirty edomite?" Considering your domicile in Bizarro World, I suppose I can take the following as a compliment:

#30     Dec 22, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.