Why has Landis82 not been banned for his racist comments.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by drjekyllus, Dec 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I closed that thread, as it has absolutely nothing to do with politics or religion anymore, and is just a hate fest. I have no love for Landis or his commentary/views, but pure, unadulterated insults flying back and forth are useless.

I'm sure you'll flame me now, so go right ahead.

#11     Dec 22, 2009
  2. The two individuals mentioned in my post above have a knack for thread crashing (Dog and Tradin' Twerp), hence the closing.

In particular, Tradernik has shown himself to be an exceedingly argumentative, foul and bigoted poster.

On the other hand, DogFly is just stupid.

#12     Dec 22, 2009
  3. No i wont, up until now i have had no problem with your moderation, however i am curious as to why he has not warranted being banned with all of the information provided in these two threads.

#13     Dec 22, 2009
  4. Out of the commentary quoted of Landis in this thread, I see nothing racist. I see plenty of insulting and derogatory comments (which I see throughout the chit chat and political love fest forums), but nothing racist.

Can you be more specific on what exact comments you find racist?

#14     Dec 22, 2009
  5. Upon hearing that Dr.jekyllus was from another country and different ethnic background saying "go back to where you came from" That is exactly the kind of racist rhetoric i see used by white people on people of different ethnic backgrounds all the time.

Then there is this Gem.
    This might come as a shock to you since you are a "foreigner" . . . but here in the United States of America we spell the word:

skeptical ( with a "k" )

Also is it not against ET policy to harass members? He has sent multiple PM's to Dr.jekyllus harassing him, that is just insane if you ask me.

#15     Dec 22, 2009

6. Again, I see where what you point out is insulting, but I do not consider it racist. You can appeal to Joe, but I think he's going to see it rather similarly.

As for the policy about harassing members, yes, it is there. But in the politics/religion and chit chat forums, if we were to enforce the harassment rule, 90% of the people would be banned.

If Landis, or anyone else for that matter, starts flaming you in another forum (ie, trading, economics, etc.) please PM me and I will immediately delete the comment and warn him (or any other user) as I do with other such complaints.

#16     Dec 22, 2009
  7. I guess we disagree then on just how racist the statement is.

And i have no problem with the non racist garbage provided that it stays INSIDE P/R forum, when it resorts to childish PM's sent to intentionally provoke or insult and single a user out specifically then it is a problem.

Also would you not agree that when a person decides to insult someone based on the number of times they post on this site (no matter how hypocritical it is coming from Landis82) that it is bad for the site? I am pretty sure that Baron wants there to be more posts on the site as it generates web activity.

#17     Dec 22, 2009
  8. I can live with P&R being a free for all, but Landis82 has sent me PM's which are harrassing. I am willing to bet there are others he harrasses on PMs too.

#18     Dec 22, 2009

9. Believe me i have no problem dealing with Landis82 myself, I post less than him and I make much more money trading than him, so basically i have just removed his "A" List of childish insults, and since that is his "A" list i dont even wanna know how lame the b's and c's are.

However i can see how this bullying drives off traders who may be intimidated by these antics.

#19     Dec 22, 2009
  10. Magna

Magna Administrator

Have to agree with Ivan. Canada is our ally and close neighbor, and yet time and time again I have seen Canadian posters told by ET regulars to shut up, don't say anything about the USA, and effectively go back to where they came from. Nationalistic, yes. Insulting, yes. Racist, no.

Absolutely, and Ivan's 90% figure might be conservative. Basically the P&R Forum is enter at your own risk, and harrassment, unfortunately, seems to be the way most there communicate.

#20     Dec 22, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.