Why hard work never made anyone rich

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Trader28Lite, Jan 24, 2007.

1. That is a fantastic quote, goes hand in hand with "doing the same thing and expecting different results.

If you can align with this statement " the mind that conceives war cannot conceive peace"

To me all that means is that 2 polar opposite view points cannot exist at the same time in the same mind.

With that in mind then, you cannot be in a limited frame of mind and see limitless possibilities.

#21     Jan 29, 2007
  2. RedDuke

RedDuke

This question was best answered by Robert Kiyosaki in his book "Rich Dad Poor Dad".

#22     Jan 29, 2007
  3. Butterball

Butterball

In many European countries (Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Germany, Austria) college and university education up to a master's degree is essentially free. In many countries (Sweden, Germany), Students of parents that earn below average house hold incomes get around 400-500 EUR a month in government support to allow them to study. Of course, this is not enough to cover living costs for the students, but it certainly helps.

Of course, many of the state-run universities in Europe do not measure up to the US ivy league schools, but still, they're not that bad after all considering they're free.

There is no fee based education like in the US. Therefore, I would say that for the majority of working class Europeans it is a LOT easier to achieve a good education and a decent paying job coming from a non-academic background.

#23     Jan 29, 2007
  4. Butterball

Butterball

I have met dozens of people in my life with great "thoughts" and "dreams" of turning their ideas (business, independence etc.) into reality.

Only a few have the strength to follow through and make the necessary sacrifices. Yes, I am talking about working until their eyes bleed and losing friends and family over it.

#24     Jan 29, 2007
  5. RedDuke

RedDuke

If they are true firends, you will not loose them. NOTHING is worth loosing family to.

But it is sure hard as hell to start with nothing and make yourself rich.

#25     Jan 29, 2007
  6. Very well said indeed.

#26     Jan 29, 2007
  7. Having lived in both worlds, i.e. USA and Europe, I could not disagree more with the above statement.

#27     Jan 29, 2007
  8. bluud

bluud

I'm rich

#28     Jan 29, 2007
  9. If they had to sacrifice so much then they truly miscreated by giving up the very people they were doing it for

However if they had held the image of the dream in their minds until it was as real as in the physical they would have created properly and certainly not bled and lost family and friends

#29     Jan 29, 2007
  10. This is true, but if u want to go ur own way. Start a business or just trade for a living u realize that it takes longer to acquire the necessary capital when u are paying the government 70% of ur income.

#30     Jan 29, 2007