Why Google Earth Can't Show You Israel

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Texas, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Texas

Texas

Just to show who is in control of US laws and US government

There is one entire country, however, that Google Earth
    won't show you: Israel.

That's because, in 1997, Congress passed the National Defense
    Authorization Act, one section of which is titled, "Prohibition on
    collection and release of detailed satellite imagery relating to Israel." The amendment, known as the Kyl-Bingaman Amendment, calls for a federal agency, the NOAA's Commercial Remote Sensing Regulatory Affairs, to regulate the dissemination of zoomed-in images of Israel.

When asked about the regulation, a Google spokeswoman said "The images in Google Earth are sourced from a wide range of both commercial and public sources. We source our satellite imagery from US-based companies who are subject to US law, including the Kyl-Bingaman Amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act of 1997, which limits the resolution of imagery of Israel that may be commercially distributed."

http://motherjones.com/politics/2011/06/google-israel-us

You can definitely see the satellite images at that distance, but you can't get the zoomed-in detail that you can get nearly everywhere else in the world. I think the point is that there is a difference between the detail you can get in the entire country of Israel vs the rest of the world, which is worth pointing out. Especially as it's the direct result of American policy.

2. Texas

Texas

At some point Americans will need to identify who is in control and ask themselves.

Since problem(wars) and faults(economy) are caused by crappy leadership.

Hey, might be time to change the leadership

Never mind me, I am just thinking out loud :cool:

3. Texas

Texas

The guy who rated this thread 1 star as in bad no good thread.

First, you are a fool if you think that will stop people from seeing it.

And second.

Why not show up and explain why you think this thread is no good. Why Exactly ?

I would love to debate you

if you got the guts :cool:

no insults, lets debate facts, if you can, my money is on you not showing up

4. Mercor

Mercor

Don't you know that Goolge is one of THEM!!

5. Texas

Texas

Ok who is THEM

you are so close to speaking the truth and maybe even gain your soul which you probably lost long ago

time to choose to speak the truth

6. Is it really that big a deal? Life was just fine before sattelite imagery. They're really just living in the past aren't they? They'll join the bandwagon soon.