Why Gold is jumping?

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by Daal, Nov 19, 2005.

1. i just wonder why central banks are buying now? i think they have the buy low/sell high thing mixed up. plus the analysts are coming out now and upgrading gold.wow,what a call! but the real topper for me is there is info-mercials out trying to sell gold.
    i sold at 519.50 for a starter.my long term outlook is the eod.lol:D

#41     Dec 7, 2005
  2. Late to this thread...but amazed they just started trading these recently. I visited the Unite Arab Emirates for a month in 1993 and there were shopping malls dedicated to gold jewelry.

#42     Dec 7, 2005
  3. m22au

m22au

I think you may have answered your own questions steeldust. Both you and the central banks could be right - I doubt that they have an intraday timeframe.

But in the end they could be buying at the low (on a longer term chart) rather than at the high.

Likewise the analysts could be upgrading at the low.

#43     Dec 7, 2005
  4. well,the low was 250-300. not 520. analysts are usually late and i find they are the best indicator of a turn. plus cnbc is also asking"is now the time to buy gold?" but like you said,its all relative. i also think these central banks are trying to support an export of their country. russia,sth africa,argentina are all big gold producers. if a non-gold producing country said they were buying then that would make me think differnt. i'm just waiting for a bre-x type froth now.:)

#44     Dec 7, 2005
  5. here is some froth for you

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/serv.../LAC/20051208/RGOLD08/TPNational/?query=kitco

Thursday, December 8, 2005 Page A1

-VANCOUVER -- Employees at precious-metals dealer Kitco Inc. were scrambling yesterday, fielding hundreds of calls on one of the busiest days in the firm's history as customers clamoured to buy everything from bars of gold to certificates for precious metal stored at an Australian mint.-

-"Our phones are in meltdown mode," said Jon Nadler, Kitco's investment products manager.-

not everyone is losing their mind over the yellow metal ... I saw this comment as well at the end of the article ...

-"The best time to buy gold is when everybody hates it," one fund manager said yesterday. "Not when the speculators are involved"-

#45     Dec 8, 2005
  6. I keep listening to the conversations in the grocery store check out line,,,,

My sell indicator is when 2 little old ladies brag to each other about buying Newmont Mining............

#46     Dec 8, 2005
  7. Seems like Gold have just topped. At least locally. Stop above the high

#48     Dec 9, 2005

8. like i have been saying --- liquidity, liquidity, liquidity, and from where --- Foreign "Petro Wealth" has made the difference this year.

remember all the government figures --- what inflation??? LOL! :D

#49     Dec 9, 2005

9. they finally got everything set-up --- why not be one of the middlemen in their own backyard for all the "Petro Wealth" going into gold.

#50     Dec 9, 2005