WHY GM will blow up...

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Trend Fader, Nov 9, 2005.

1. tnewman1

tnewman1

Oh no, Unions might really strike at Delphi according to CNBC. I'm glad I'm short...

#81     Nov 23, 2005
  2. Closed my 6jan17.50 puts @ .90
    shorted 6jan25 calls @ 1.00

Credit of $10/contract

So currently riding with:

long 6jan20 puts @ a cost basis of .55
    short 6jan25 calls @ a credit of .1

#82     Nov 30, 2005
  3. Closed out my positions today...no price satisfaction and I don't see any viable, substantially negative event that could impact GM share price in the next month and a half. Negligible gain, but I figure now is a good time to exit my OTM puts and close those 6jan25 calls that could end up ITM by January given market reaction to today's November sales.

Wagner hates the shorts and managed to screw us options players! January 20th, what a perfect day for GM to persuade Delphi to postpone their labor contract motion to...3rd friday

Wagner won in the short term, but it's not over yet! I will be looking for another entry as the stock settles in.

#83     Dec 1, 2005
  4. good post, BH. u bring up some good points. not sure i agree with all of them, but i think you bring up some good points.

#84     Dec 1, 2005
  5. citrus

citrus

Big Hog, that's a great post. ALl that crazy capitalist nonsense about efficiency is so overated. Why not pay the workers more than they're worth? Why expect them to work 40 hour weeks in the first place? I sure don't want to. Can you get financing and start a company that pays people a fair wage, full health and retirement and let's them work when they want to on what they want to? I know I'd hate to have to work in an assembly line. Let me know when you get your company up and running, and I"m in!!

p.s. I'd like to be an executive. I hear they get really great perks. Thanks.

#85     Dec 21, 2005
  6. Cheese

Cheese

There are no longer any American cars anyhow. Everything produced in Nth America is cloned on European design. All the car models look like unappealing smooth bugs; you just want to step on them all and squash all these ugly mothers .. passengers stepping out beforehand of course.
    :)

#86     Dec 21, 2005