Why GM Couldn't Be Apple, According to a Former GM Exec

Discussion in 'Economics' started by olias, Jun 7, 2011.

1. LEAPup

LEAPup

Problem= GM hasn't made a real car since the mid 60's-early 1970's imo.

Yes, the C6 Vette is a REAL car for the $, but they cannot, and will not survive making only one REAL car. Anyone who was dumb enough to buy the GM ipo deserves what they get. That goes for anyone who buys the average GM car or bought the GM ipo as both are turds.

GM FORGOT how to make REAL cars, and it shows. Yes, I'm a GM fan, but only a fan of the C6 Vette, and ALL mid 60's-early 70's models as they were real cars.

GM is now a union health benefits outift paying off Dumbocrats while EXTORTING money from their employees. Legalized mafiaoso is all they are...:mad:

#11     Jun 8, 2011
  2. GM's CEO Praises Obama, Calls on Gov't to Pump Up Gas, Income Taxes

"Republican" CEO admits taxpayers may lose $12B USD on bailout

http://www.dailytech.com/GMs+CEO+Pr...+to+Pump+Up+Gas+Income+Taxes/article21839.htm

Akerson Says Taxpayer Loss Was Worth It

Despite the reality that taxpayers will likely lose quite a bit of money, Mr. Akerson infers that it's worth it and that taxpaying Americans are so "generous" they will surely be happy to foot the bill.

:eek:

#12     Jun 8, 2011
  3. LEAPup

LEAPup

Amazing huh? Blows my mind!

#13     Jun 8, 2011
  4. topeak

topeak

not only is AAPL producing great products...
    it revolves these products with great software.
    iTUNES for example...just makes it so easy to use.
    people have no reason to go against it or try to
    find something that works better.

#14     Jun 8, 2011
  5. Eight

Eight

Quality is so rare in the US that once a person gets their hands on an Apple product it's just a treat....

I'm stuck with Windows for business apps because it's the native environment for my charting and brokerage software.. I'm continually amazed at what a piece of krap it is.. part of it defaults to single click, other parts want a double click, krappy things happen all day every day, it's open to abuse from cyber criminals, it is SUCH KRAP and stupid things in it have persisted from win95 to the current day, they could have fixed things anytime they had the will to do it, but they never do.. I have to work with it for the interim until everything I want is in Linux or Apple...

I have found that Google creates an intelligent space in the Windows world but Apple now has the cloud native to all it's apps, on all it's devices... I'll probably migrate from Android to Apple on the mobile stuff and Google to Apple on the Laptop stuff...

#15     Jun 8, 2011
  6. olias

olias

I'm liking GM right now at this price.

Right or wrong, I'm certainly routing for them. I think Obama (and Bush) made the right decision in bailing them out and trying to save those jobs.

#16     Jun 8, 2011
  7. rew

rew

The billions of dollars wasted on bailing out GM could have created more jobs if was invested in a better business.

#17     Jun 8, 2011
  8. Brand image and brand perception are everything in the auto biz. GM products just don't have that cache people are looking for. Ask yourself would you still drive a new GM vehicle if you won the lottery?

#18     Jun 8, 2011
  9. You got it exactly!

Akuma

#19     Jun 9, 2011