Why futures down a lot , any news?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ganesh6, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Yes, God forbid we shoot the shit about market moves on a trading forum. We can't have that. :confused:

#51     Jan 31, 2008
  2. These guys were stressing about their overnight positions because futures were down big. Then the futures reversed like they do many a night. You shouldn't even look at them until close to market opening. Unless of course you are trading them. No need for extra, unneccessary stress unless you like it.

#52     Jan 31, 2008
  3. And no need to lecture someone for shooting the shit about the futures...unless you like lecturing, of course, which it appears you do.

#53     Jan 31, 2008
  4. when the futures are trading at like 1am, is this mainly a) people trading, either nightowls or people in other countries or b) computer running automated hedging/strategies?

#54     Jan 31, 2008
  5. Overnight futures= Some great traders, some afterwork addiction traders, and some overseas traders. But really when the futures are up, down, or flat at midnight, doesn't mean shit because they can move so much before the open. Just look at them an hour or less before the open.

Deepfried, what I am saying is pretty simple to understand, if you can't, then f$ck off.

#55     Jan 31, 2008
  6. Have a nice day, professor.

#56     Jan 31, 2008
  7. Pilotboy, I think I tweaked you back a little too hard with my posts. I hear what you're saying about the futures and you're right. Sorry, man.

#57     Jan 31, 2008
  8. Only playing brother. No harm done.

#58     Jan 31, 2008